torrent downloads

seether9111

ummmm i forget
stuff im downloading from a particular site is very slow, any easy fixes for this?
when i download straight from limewire my downloads are extremely fast!but when i download torrents(through limewire)they are very slow.
sorry if i broke any forum rules, (dont think i did though):D
thanks

Zach

Torrent speed has nothing to do with web sites. When you download torrents, you are downloading directly from other computers that are hosting the files.

It may be slow for any number of reasons.. You could not have your ports setup properly and be getting slow connections, since you do appear to be getting some.

You could be uploading too much back and killing your connection by saturating the upstream. Or it could be that there are few pews and seeds and those that are active, just have slow connections.

seether9111

ummmm i forget
ok thanks.it seems when i download from limewire directly, my downloads run at 70-80kb/s.and torrents go between 5kb/s-35kb/s.

but i had guessed even though my connection is decent, others may not be:)

Hjustin2

S.O.U._Hawk Eye
Has anyone been having trouble with the free version of Lime Wire. I have, a freind has had to get a new HDD

Zach

Just how does he propose this program killed his drive?
Barring the fact it is impossible, I mean..

Jale

• Check your ports.
  • Upload speed should be at least 1/4 of your download speed.
  • Make sure your torrent has more seeders than leechers (most torrents have more leechers than seeders) or just make sure there are a lot of seeders (more than 100, preferably).
  • Private torrent sites offer 1 Mbps per seeder (that's a lot of speed), but you can't join freely in most of them (through invitation).

Last edited:

seether9111

ummmm i forget
  • Check your ports.
  • Upload speed should be at least 1/4 of your download speed.
  • Make sure your torrent has more seeders than leechers (most torrents have more leechers than seeders) or just make sure there are a lot of seeders (more than 100, preferably).
  • Private torrent sites offer 1 Mbps per seeder (that's a lot of speed), but you can't join freely in most of them (through invitation).

thanks 4 all the advice.im learning a lot on this forum:)

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I have the same problem. Ive tried everything.

seether9111

ummmm i forget
something else ive noticed is that some downloads stop at 90-95 complete.
so i simply go into documents/limewire/incomplete and the entire download is already done!!! so WTF??????

i shouldnt complain though, the download comes out good and usable, just wonder why it does that??:confused:

Hjustin2

S.O.U._Hawk Eye
Just how does he propose this program killed his drive?
Barring the fact it is impossible, I mean..

You know what Zach, I aint got a clue. My wife told me her female freind went and got another one. That wouldn't be like her, but instead of formating and installing Vista again. She does know how to do that, she just dont run the needed spyware, adware, and viruse programs. Theres no tellin.

Jale

something else ive noticed is that some downloads stop at 90-95 complete.
so i simply go into documents/limewire/incomplete and the entire download is already done!!! so WTF??????

i shouldnt complain though, the download comes out good and usable, just wonder why it does that??:confused:
Because that torrent has no complete seeders. Check torrent availability before you download.

Zach

You know what Zach, I aint got a clue. My wife told me her female freind went and got another one. That wouldn't be like her, but instead of formating and installing Vista again. She does know how to do that, she just dont run the needed spyware, adware, and viruse programs. Theres no tellin.

Well there you go.. P2P didn't kill the drive, but its concievable downloading an infected file did. Either that or the drive was simply a dud, or stopped getting proper cooling, etc..