• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Gekko WIP!

spotanjo3

It has been a little over two years since the Gekko project has started and now the N'Sider members from the Gekko website can have a go at trying out this emulator. Last week, Lightning celebrated his birthday by releasing a beta of Gekko to the N'Siders. New screenshots and new compatibility reports should be flowing in as the members try it out. Big thanks to zion and ExodusC for these screenshots!

Lmansion.png
ssb3ki0.png

The beta is available to every N'Sider member that donated 7$ to the project before 03/14/2008. If you're part of those members, you can logon here and try the beta out. You can register to the N'Sider section here and help with reporting bugs, compatibility, etc. when the next beta will be released. And from my last chat with Lightning, he plans on releasing betas more often than once every two years ;)

Site @ http://www.gekko-emu.com/forums/

spotanjo3

I won't test it and pay 7 dollars because I think Dolphin is still the higher compatibility. It will be out for free when they had enough with beta testers.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
screens are looking great,
(symbiosis of mario and link on the ssbm screen :p)

anyway
So you're anticipating Gekko's release. You decide that it would be a great idea to ask when Gekko will be released, and maybe ask about game compatibility while you're at it.

STOP!

Do NOT post that message! If you do, your thread will be locked on sight.

Don't let this happen to you! Read over the following questions that have already been answered:

Q: When will Gekko be released?
A: To quote Lightning, "when it outperforms Dolphin". This means that it could take up to a few months, maybe even years before a release. It's in a pretty early stage of development now, and accuracy is currently more of a priority than speed, so it will take a while to release.

Q: What is an ideal system configuration for running Gekko?
A: The Gekko alpha runs quite nicely on a computer with the following specs (mine):

3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 HT processor
1 GB memory
Nvidia GEForce card
400 MB disk space (for savestates, memory card images, and main program space)

Q: Which games are currently compatible?
A: As it is currently in alpha, I cannot say which games are compatible or not, though ZeldaWW goes ingame and doesn't crash.

Q: How much progress has been made on Gekko?
A: From what I can see, it is in a very early state. The graphic plugin is making progress, but the alpha is very unstable.

Q: Where can I get game x?
A: Unless it is homebrew, DO NOT ASK HERE. While Gekko aims to emulate commercial games, this is NOT the place to post links to warez. Any such messages will be deleted.

Q: Can you give me the Gekko alpha?
A: NO. The alpha versions of Gekko are to be used by betatesters and developers only. Any messages of this sort will be destroyed without prejudice.

Q: Then can you let me be a betatester?
A: Still no. I'd recommend stocking up on PowerPC assembly knowledge first, and maybe then have good relations with all of the staff here. Pestering us about it will get you BANNED, so be careful.

Q: Does Gekko support x64 platforms?
A: In the works.

Q: Then what about Dual Core?
A: Also in the works.

Q: Does the emulator require a bios file like the Dreamcast emulator Chankast does?
A: No, it doesn't. The Gamecube doesn't use BIOS functions, though it does store settings in the BIOS.

Q: How is sound support?
A: It's incomplete as of now while DSP emulation is worked on.

Q: Is your interpreter getting stronger? And will you eventually have a dynamic recompiler?
A: The alpha I have has a pretty stong interpreter, which can run games at quite a nice speed. I can't exactly say what runs at which speed, but most games run anywhere between 3 and 30 FPS. However, most of this is HLE.

Q: Is there a Gekko IRC channel?
A: Yes, there is: #gekko on irc.efnet.net. Click here to connect with your IRC client.

Q: I paid for nsider access, but I can't access the content!
A: Wait for someone to set you to nsider. Otherwise, blame Chrono for sucking at phpbb mods.
source : http://www.gekko-emu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75

seems like they're annoyed by lots of people asking about FPS,
obviously those kiddo's are only concerned about them playing GC on their PC, and doesn't pay attention on the technical side :p

need atleast 3gz make it boot some screen at decent fps (like 1-3)
;)
the 7bucks and the hardware, both I don't have atm so, no luck for me :p
my $ is going for no$ :D

I really hope this project goes well :D

Last edited: