There's nothing wrong with Vista

Zach

I been running Vista for a few weeks now and it works fine. No bluescreens, no grinding halts.. Only thing is programs not updated for a while that need new versions will crash sometimes when you do certain things..

Big deal. All my games runs, no nightmares here. The time for Vista hating is over.. If you're having problems I dunno what to say.. Maybe your playing with crap you aren't supposed to, or you just have shitty hardware or shitty driver support.. Many folks over at another watering hole report the same. Most of them have no problems, and when they do it tends to be shitty driver support.

So the Internet should shut up already.

Oh man.. I just took a dump on all of you.. Feels good :eek:mg_1:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Most of them have no problems, and when they do it tends to be shitty driver support.

AFAIK this is peoples main bugbear with Vista. The OS seems perfectly good and stable when running with modern hardware, and software, the biggest problem is compatibility with anything more than 12 months or so old.

So I guess the rule of thumb at the moment at least is if you are going to be running a PC with new hardware and only running new software then jumping to Vista is fine. If your PC has older hardware and/or you still use software designed for XP then stick with XP for the time being.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Ive had RTM version of Vista Business on my laptop for over a year and had only one blue screen. All my programs have run perfectly. Never had a problem with Vista or any Windows OS's bar Media Centre 2005 which would blue screen atleast once a day....

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Failure. Joking

Anybody know how to format the partition on my HDD that has Vista on it? Really Im not just saying to be mean. I keep getting something that says "Access denied""

Zach

Should be able to do it from some kind of boot disc with the proper tools. starting windows setup can give you access to the option as well.. so if your gonna reinstall just go ahead

Mavtak

Failure. Joking

Anybody know how to format the partition on my HDD that has Vista on it? Really Im not just saying to be mean. I keep getting something that says "Access denied""

Darik's Boot and Nuke, though it only errases entiar hard drives I believe.
http://dban.sourceforge.net/

If you installed Vista yourself, you can always just use the Vista install disk, which has some utilities on it. Just go as if you were going to install Vista, and when you get to the drive list select "advanced drive options" or something like that.