iPods?! iPods suck get a mini disc

onewecallgod

i used to hate ipods when they were so damn expensive, but now that the 4th gen has come out, i really want one.

MD players are ok, but sorry, they definitly dont have 20gb of storage

belmont

Well I use my n-gages built in mp-3 player.It uses MMC cards.
No money for other devices although I like iPods.

J

Jet Set Willy

Mini Disc certainly isn't cooler, and definitely isn't technically adequate. Man. How is a proprietary, outdated, highly compressed, limited, short-spaced, expensive media better than a plain old digital music player with at least 20GB space on it? I think you only posted this because you have a mini disc player and not an iPod.

I'd like an iPod, or equivalent. Maybe buy one soon.

Badger

Other than sound quality (which is arguably still as good on an mp3 player, through budget headphones), iPod wins in all other fields.

It can store more, you don't need to enter the song title manually, etc, etc.

J

Jet Set Willy

I'd prefer to listen to an MP3 compressed file than a file compressed by ATRAC, as used on MiniDiscs. Also, you can stick more uncompressed, full quality non-compressed wav songs on an iPod than you can stick nasty, compressed, reduced quality songs on a MiniDisc.

Originally posted by belmont@Aug 20 2004, 08:54 PM
Haha, you bought a friggin N-Gage?

Corey4666

Originally posted by Jet Set Willy@Aug 23 2004, 11:37 AM
Mini Disc certainly isn't cooler, and definitely isn't technically adequate. Man. How is a proprietary, outdated, highly compressed, limited, short-spaced, expensive media better than a plain old digital music player with at least 20GB space on it? I think you only posted this because you have a mini disc player and not an iPod.

im not gonna argue with you
but i like to say some things about your post
first of all there not short spaced one disc holds alot of music
and the discs arent expensive unless your poor
and i dont think a mini disc is expensive if you think about it i mean
a cd player costs around 40$ for a half way decent one
and a mini disc costs 90$ and will last along time i mean i droped mine alot!
and i have owned a iPod and i do not like them as much as a mini disc thats
why i said iPods suck

Motoko

I can't believe your 16.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Corey4666+Aug 24 2004, 10:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Corey4666 @ Aug 24 2004, 10:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jet Set Willy@Aug 23 2004, 11:37 AM

why i said iPods suck [/b][/quote]
It is expensive - go ahead, buy as many Minidiscs as it would take to meet the capacity of an iPod. See if you still think that's cheap. Also, have fun swapping them around to play different songs constantly.

Also, become literate.

belmont

Originally posted by 4th Disciple+Aug 24 2004, 11:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th Disciple @ Aug 24 2004, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-belmont@Aug 20 2004, 08:54 PM
Haha, you bought a friggin N-Gage? [/b][/quote]
It is best to carry an N-gage than carrying a mobile pnone,a radio and an mp3 player.

Corey4666

Originally posted by Jet Set Willy+Aug 25 2004, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jet Set Willy @ Aug 25 2004, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Corey4666@Aug 24 2004, 10:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Jet Set Willy
@Aug 23 2004, 11:37 AM

why i said iPods suck
It is expensive - go ahead, buy as many Minidiscs as it would take to meet the capacity of an iPod. See if you still think that's cheap. Also, have fun swapping them around to play different songs constantly.

Also, become literate. [/b][/quote]
okay man whatever you say
im just stating my opinion
that i like mini discs better
than iPods

Corey4666

Whats Wrong with ngage i mean it's pretty cool that its a phone and if your like travling and have nothin to do you could bust out rhe ngage and play aginst online players
i never used the ngage though there was a time where i was gonna buy one