PDA

View Full Version : iPods?! iPods suck get a mini disc



Corey4666
August 20th, 2004, 18:26
i hate ipods anybody ever? use a mini disc those things are awsome

onewecallgod
August 20th, 2004, 18:59
i used to hate ipods when they were so damn expensive, but now that the 4th gen has come out, i really want one.

MD players are ok, but sorry, they definitly dont have 20gb of storage

belmont
August 20th, 2004, 20:54
Well I use my n-gages built in mp-3 player.It uses MMC cards.
No money for other devices although I like iPods.

hitmonlee
August 23rd, 2004, 07:01
ipod i want right now
mini
possibly blue

Jet Set Willy
August 23rd, 2004, 12:37
Mini Disc certainly isn't cooler, and definitely isn't technically adequate. Man. How is a proprietary, outdated, highly compressed, limited, short-spaced, expensive media better than a plain old digital music player with at least 20GB space on it? I think you only posted this because you have a mini disc player and not an iPod.

I'd like an iPod, or equivalent. Maybe buy one soon.

Badger
August 23rd, 2004, 13:54
Other than sound quality (which is arguably still as good on an mp3 player, through budget headphones), iPod wins in all other fields.

It can store more, you don't need to enter the song title manually, etc, etc.

Jet Set Willy
August 23rd, 2004, 14:24
I'd prefer to listen to an MP3 compressed file than a file compressed by ATRAC, as used on MiniDiscs. Also, you can stick more uncompressed, full quality non-compressed wav songs on an iPod than you can stick nasty, compressed, reduced quality songs on a MiniDisc.

4th Disciple
August 24th, 2004, 22:34
Originally posted by belmont@Aug 20 2004, 08:54 PM
Well I use my n-gages built in mp-3 player.It uses MMC cards.
No money for other devices although I like iPods.
Haha, you bought a friggin N-Gage?

Corey4666
August 24th, 2004, 23:26
Originally posted by Jet Set Willy@Aug 23 2004, 11:37 AM
Mini Disc certainly isn't cooler, and definitely isn't technically adequate. Man. How is a proprietary, outdated, highly compressed, limited, short-spaced, expensive media better than a plain old digital music player with at least 20GB space on it? I think you only posted this because you have a mini disc player and not an iPod.

I'd like an iPod, or equivalent. Maybe buy one soon.
im not gonna argue with you
but i like to say some things about your post
first of all there not short spaced one disc holds alot of music
and the discs arent expensive unless your poor
and i dont think a mini disc is expensive if you think about it i mean
a cd player costs around 40$ for a half way decent one
and a mini disc costs 90$ and will last along time i mean i droped mine alot!
and i have owned a iPod and i do not like them as much as a mini disc thats
why i said iPods suck

Motoko
August 24th, 2004, 23:51
I can't believe your 16.

Jet Set Willy
August 25th, 2004, 18:33
Originally posted by Corey4666+Aug 24 2004, 10:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Corey4666 @ Aug 24 2004, 10:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jet Set Willy@Aug 23 2004, 11:37 AM
Mini Disc certainly isn&#39;t cooler, and definitely isn&#39;t technically adequate. Man. How is a proprietary, outdated, highly compressed, limited, short-spaced, expensive media better than a plain old digital music player with at least 20GB space on it? I think you only posted this because you have a mini disc player and not an iPod.

I&#39;d like an iPod, or equivalent. Maybe buy one soon.
im not gonna argue with you
but i like to say some things about your post
first of all there not short spaced one disc holds alot of music
and the discs arent expensive unless your poor
and i dont think a mini disc is expensive if you think about it i mean
a cd player costs around 40&#036; for a half way decent one
and a mini disc costs 90&#036; and will last along time i mean i droped mine alot&#33;
and i have owned a iPod and i do not like them as much as a mini disc thats
why i said iPods suck [/b][/quote]
It is expensive - go ahead, buy as many Minidiscs as it would take to meet the capacity of an iPod. See if you still think that&#39;s cheap. Also, have fun swapping them around to play different songs constantly.

Also, become literate.

belmont
August 25th, 2004, 22:00
Originally posted by 4th Disciple+Aug 24 2004, 11:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th Disciple @ Aug 24 2004, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-belmont@Aug 20 2004, 08:54 PM
Well I use my n-gages built in mp-3 player.It uses MMC cards.
No money for other devices although I like iPods.
Haha, you bought a friggin N-Gage? [/b][/quote]
It is best to carry an N-gage than carrying a mobile pnone,a radio and an mp3 player.

Corey4666
August 25th, 2004, 23:57
Originally posted by Jet Set Willy+Aug 25 2004, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jet Set Willy @ Aug 25 2004, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Corey4666@Aug 24 2004, 10:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Jet Set Willy@Aug 23 2004, 11:37 AM
Mini Disc certainly isn&#39;t cooler, and definitely isn&#39;t technically adequate. Man. How is a proprietary, outdated, highly compressed, limited, short-spaced, expensive media better than a plain old digital music player with at least 20GB space on it? I think you only posted this because you have a mini disc player and not an iPod.

I&#39;d like an iPod, or equivalent. Maybe buy one soon.
im not gonna argue with you
but i like to say some things about your post
first of all there not short spaced one disc holds alot of music
and the discs arent expensive unless your poor
and i dont think a mini disc is expensive if you think about it i mean
a cd player costs around 40&#036; for a half way decent one
and a mini disc costs 90&#036; and will last along time i mean i droped mine alot&#33;
and i have owned a iPod and i do not like them as much as a mini disc thats
why i said iPods suck
It is expensive - go ahead, buy as many Minidiscs as it would take to meet the capacity of an iPod. See if you still think that&#39;s cheap. Also, have fun swapping them around to play different songs constantly.

Also, become literate. [/b][/quote]
okay man whatever you say
im just stating my opinion
that i like mini discs better
than iPods

4th Disciple
August 26th, 2004, 06:45
Originally posted by belmont@Aug 25 2004, 10:00 PM
It is best to carry an N-gage than carrying a mobile pnone,a radio and an mp3 player.
Sure, if you want to look like an idiot :rolleyes:

Corey4666
August 26th, 2004, 10:09
Whats Wrong with ngage i mean it&#39;s pretty cool that its a phone and if your like travling and have nothin to do you could bust out rhe ngage and play aginst online players
i never used the ngage though there was a time where i was gonna buy one

Buhutz
September 18th, 2004, 16:52
Right now, USB Disks with MP3 Player are booming, at least here.