New Machine Same Old Problem

clules

Hi Everyone, it's me again. I have an emachines model T3642, that came loaded with WV. My problem is the Ems for GBC are running so fast I can barely see them. Even in the still sign on picture Link is moving at tremendous speed. Now the GBA was the same way but it has a Throttle and I was able to slow down its speed. Is there a way to do the same with the GBC. BTW, I have the Frame Skip at "0" and it's still running near the thousands.

Thank you...

BTW, I will also welcome any private advice about using this machine.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
First Problem:

E Machines

Mavtak

Hi Everyone, it's me again. I have an emachines model T3642, that came loaded with WV. My problem is the Ems for GBC are running so fast I can barely see them. Even in the still sign on picture Link is moving at tremendous speed. Now the GBA was the same way but it has a Throttle and I was able to slow down its speed. Is there a way to do the same with the GBC. BTW, I have the Frame Skip at "0" and it's still running near the thousands.

Thank you...

BTW, I will also welcome any private advice about using this machine.

OK, the first thing I was going to ask about was the frame throttling. What emulator are you using for Game Boy Color?
Also, Virtual Boy Advance handles Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Color games. Maybe that is the solution.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
You may use the throttling to tweak out the speeds,
set to 50% or 100%
see which fixes your problem.

also try no$gba,

clules

Thanks for the help everyone. If I could just have some idea as to why the speed is so darned fast on that GBC. And there is no throttle on the version VisualBoy Em I'm using. Speed goes from 0-5 and that's it. I have it at 0 and it's still near a thousand in speed.

As for the placing them on the GBA, there are a few things that hinder me from doing that. Namely I am not that adept at this machine called a computer. We had abacuses in my day..but, I'm trying to learn.

Thanks again everyone.

clules

What is vba.ini ?

I realize I know nothing about these matters, but might I ask, why are you asking about the GBA? I have that useable with the throttle; the GBC is uncontrollable.

The VBA is version: 1.7.2.560

The VBC is version: 1.4.12.0

Someone asked about the sersion a while ago. Sorry to just get around to it.

Umm, keeping in mind I have already said a katrillion times that I don't know about computers, What is "Acceller" and could it be causing the speed on my Ems.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Visual Boy Advance emulates GBA, and GBC perfectly well.

In the visual boy advance folder is a file called vba.ini that contains all of the settings and controls for the emulator including the throttle, display and refresh options.

You can download the latest version of Visual Boy Advance from this site and you won't need two seperate emulators as it does it all from the same interface.

Last edited:

clules

Hello again, sorry to be so long, I was working on another issue. Okay, so my question is, how do I download the attachments (emulators and games) so that I can play the Gbc games on the GBA.

I'm horribly inept at downloading and even worse at trying to make a folder. I assume they would all need to be in the same file, but what do I know. :(

clules

Okay, I have a new GBA. Please step me through playing the GBC games on it. Please go slowly as I am on overload already from other things I need help with. If this involves making a folder, I have the Windows Vista OS and AOL Mail Attachments.

Thanks all...