Sega Emulators wont work for me

BryanNeedsMentalHelp

The Un-computer tech guy
Hey, I've used nearly every Sega Saturn Emulator, and none of them work for me. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just not getting a good emulator?

Thanks so much
-Bryan

Zach

Sega Saturn emulation is a very low priority field for a lot of people because it has difficult hardeware to emulate, among other things related to that.. The best emulator I have used thus far has been SSF, which has been out for a while now..

That being said its far from perfect.. If you're lucky enough a game will run..

What exactly is the problem you are facing with emulators not running?
I am guessing you probably don't have a BIOS file or something of the sort? In case you don't, that's one of the first things you'll need to make sure things work properly (or at all).

Give us some details and maybe we can help.

BryanNeedsMentalHelp

The Un-computer tech guy
BryanNeedsMentalHelp.jpg

Here's what I get every time I try loading it up. I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong or where to go from there. I've had two other emulators, a Super Nintendo and a Nintendo 64. There were a couple 64 ones that looked like that, so I thought maybe a few of the Segas would turn out that way too. They ALL were that way and I have no idea what to do.

spotanjo3

SSF is nearly perfect and speed is 100% fine in most games but you must have core 2 duo or above to run them better. :) I do not use satourne because the developer seems to stop develop it or it is on hold for over 3 years. I don't know. SSF author is only one working on it active. The Yabause emulator is another one that is still active but SSF is the top and the best emulator all over.

They are all fully playable by me and the speed are fine below:

13298543dd7.png

28170723dp8.png

and

21467437op6.png

57501502lk5.png

and

10337437vf5.png

Last edited:

Zach

Bryan,

First what you are seeing is the program WinRAR.. Emulators have many files, and are distributed in a compressed file format. You use WinRAR to extract the files from the compressed archive.. It's a pretty simple and straightforwar procedure..

I also reccomend using SSF, as it is the best out there right now. You may also need to find a BIOS file, or you may not.. I can't remember the specifics as I have not used SSF in a while.. You probably do need it though.. We cannot help you find the BIOS file or Saturn games, because they are copyrighted material and we don't want the site shut down.. So you have to find the BIOS and games on your own..

Just remember that any files you do find that are ZIP or RAR need to be opened with WinRAR so you can extract the contents to a directory..

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
was fiddling around wth satourne today, got a game working till the screen, thanks for the tip, i'll try ssf (off topic sorry for butting in on the topic)

just saying thanks :)

-Leerz

spotanjo3

K, I just got SFF.

I'm a complete idiot XD How do I start it up? I can't even use a toaster propperly.

Look at threads in sega emulation & games for how to start it up by me somewhere. I already explained to someone else but be warn that you need better computer to run games better in speed. :)