NO$GBA Language Change.

Jale

The "Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin" ROM I have is multi-language, but I don't know where to change it. Is it done through the emulator or BIOS/Firmware?

spotanjo3

You should be glad I can help you because I am fan of castlevania as you know it.

Isn't this rom in (E) region ? Some games with (E) will have multi-language. If not, your firmware is one of those things... Is your firmware english, spanish, or french ?

Jale

Yes, my ROM version is (E). I've read your post in emutalk.net in how to boot the NDS BIOS to change the language and that. Effectively, most games changed to Spanish, except the Castlevania ones.

spotanjo3

Then I suggest you to get (U) version for it is only an english version unless you want it in Spanish. What language did you see it ? What's the problem ? I can check it out for you. I need your details. :)

spotanjo3

Okay... you need firmware.bin, eNDryptS Advanced, and nds bios and now follow my instruction:

Encrypted it first
Open no$gba and load .nds
Now go to options>Emulation Set up>GBA BIOS>options>Save option>Reset Cartridge
You will have calendar, clocks etc.

Look below where there is nds icon ? Click it.

Click Tool>Click Earth icon>Espanol>Click confirm

Now there is a trick. Don't do anything. It will not save your spanish at all. You have to do it every time you want to play it but anyway. Go to FILE>Reset Cartridge and viola! You will have spanish. Look:

My original English:

47634901cz2.png

Spanish:

65720934mi5.png

But.. sadly, no spanish for ingame translation at all. Yes, it is in (E) as well.

Last edited:

Jale

I've done so. Do you know why the emulator crashes when I click on the game icon via BIOS/Firmware?

spotanjo3

Mine doesn't crashed at all. Make sure your nds bios is unzip and correct naming them and eNDryptS Advanced to encrpted your roms first then follow the instruction again but this game will not have spanish anyway.

Last edited:

Jale

The file name is firmware.bin (uncompressed). I'm not sure if the ROMs are encrypted, so I'll give it a shot.

spotanjo3

LOL! Took me 1 minutes quickly. Strange is that this game is multi 5 languages but why ingame didnt change to other language ? That's strange.

Jale

I tried with another firmware.bin from a Spanish source and it DID change it. Weird.

spotanjo3

Interesting. I am going to check some games with multi-languages to see if my firmware.bin is effective as it should. I will let you know soon.

spotanjo3

Strange... I have megaman ZX advent 5 multi-languages and I try spanish for you and the game is in spanish successfully. Why not castlevania por ? I am going test this game again to see what's wrong.

Last edited:

isaac_786

hi
I downloaded No$gba and i tried to play fire emblem shadow dragon (e) but everytime i play it the language is french and i need english
Is there anyway to change this

alexxi

back from hell
you can change the firmware's language with no$gba, to do that you have to boot the bios. In no$gba settings set it to boot "gba bios (nintendo logo)".