Soulseek

WellWellWell

Anybody have it? Soulseek, if you're wondering, is a great p2p where you can find, just about, anything. And I really mean anything.

If anyone has it my user name is scaryinternetguy if anyone wants to browse my files. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Zidane

Social Hazzard
Ha, d00d, it's Anime Junkie or whatever.

I am not Zidane.

How's your kid? And uh, I thought you "didn't have time for this". Elitist bastard.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I've used it a couple of times in the past but nothing more. Nowdays I'm using BT most of the time as finding things there is much easier.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yeah, I used to like Soulseek, but it's not moving with the times. Everything always ends up remotely queued, and it crashes a lot. They need to be implementing multiple sourced downloads. I find it's only good for rare stuff. Like Lefteris, I prefer BitTorrent + suprnova and similar sites.

Zidane

Social Hazzard
SoulSeek is good if you like good music. And that is that.

WellWellWell

I tried getting stuff from super nova but, to no avail. If somebody could tell me how to use the damn thing it would be great. And, you're right, the no multiple source crap is... well, crap.

I'm guessing BT is Bit Torrent? What's that?

Zidane: I've come back for help every now and again. I just try not to get too involved. But, lately, I've had some extra time on my hands and a new and improved computer, so I'm kinda back into it. And, to answer your questions, I'm not an elitest, and Vincent is doing great.

P.S. JetSetWilly: I find that if I tell it to download a long list of things that they will end up queued if they don't finish within the day. Other than that it's fine.

OH yeah! One more thing. What the f is queued? And how do you pronounce it?

UPDATE!!! I figured out the super nova thing. I was going to supernova.com and not suprnova.org. Yeah, so, nevermind about the tutorial thing. Thanks anyway.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Using Bit Torrent is quite easy once you get started.

For more information try this guide written by a friend of mine or a in depth guide for the Azureus client.

Pay no attention to the fact that the guides focus on downloading videos as they apply to all kinds of downloads.

WellWellWell

Yeah, the only problem is that it's telling me it will take over a hundred hours to download a 700mb file with dsl...? I have to be doing something wrong.

Andy

'queued' is like a waiting list and its pronunced as "ky"

WellWellWell:

I'm not familiar with bit torent but AFAIK you must have a lot of resources for that certain file your downloading to maximize the speed.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by WellWellWell@Aug 19 2004, 07:38 AM
Yeah, the only problem is that it's telling me it will take over a hundred hours to download a 700mb file with dsl...? I have to be doing something wrong.
That is a common problem. You are using a router, right? Just read the two guides I gave you and you will find a solution.

WellWellWell

I have no idea if I have a router or a firewal or anything. I read the guides but I still can't figure out how to open my ports.

El Fugitivo

Originally posted by Andy@Aug 18 2004, 10:07 PM
"ky"? In my experience "queue" is pronounced the same was as "cue", as in a pool/billiards cue. So queued would be "cued". Like someone saying "cute" with a full mouth or immediately after a dentist's appointment.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Originally posted by Andy@Aug 18 2004, 10:07 PM
No, that's not how it's pronounced at all.

Listen to Spiff, he's smart.

WellWellWell

Originally posted by ScotchGuy+Aug 30 2004, 07:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScotchGuy @ Aug 30 2004, 07:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Andy@Aug 18 2004, 10:07 PM
No, that's not how it's pronounced at all.

Listen to Spiff, he's smart. [/b][/quote]
I always thought it was "kayed". I would rather say it wrong than ky, though.

J

Jet Set Willy

It's queued. Because that's the damned word.

Liked cue. cue-ed.

hitmonlee

my soulseek is busted
i have dialup
should i download soulseek again, or is there something better?

Buhutz

I use WinMx for mp3, it's fast and stable. BTW, How do I find BT materials, I mean like a search engine or something, cause Google doesn't give me anything.