can't load Jaguar XJ220 on amga emulator

walkerdavid

Can anyone give ma advisce on how to load thiss game. I get this same issue no matter what I do, after loads game, then music options, then the password screen, then I get the configuration screen I just exit and use tthe default settings (use joystick etc), and then exit to the game. I get a view of the race track for a second then it displays disk 2. If I select my mouse it goes back to the view of the race track for a second then back to displaying disk 2.

I have tried several Roms for other sites and get the same issue, I even found one named ghost which is all on one disk but still get the same issue.

I am new to emulation so it may be somthing I am doing. I have the orignal game on 2 floppies and the manual and I have entered the required password and tried without and still stop at the same point. I have also tried different versions of WINUAE but again still the same.

Can anyone give mre any ideas as this was my favourite gane on the amiga, I even bought the game on EBAY to get the manaul for the passowrd, I don't really want to buy the console for just this onegame, so any tips greatly appreciated.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I'm no Amiga expert but I found this. Looks like it had an issue with the actual system. Maybe you can replicate it, if your emulator has the options.

JAGUAR XJ - 220 requires an Amiga
with a minlmum of 1 meq. of RAM a
colour monitor or television and a
mouse or joystick.

1. Turn off your computer.

2. Plug a mouse into port 1 and a joystick
into port 2 (the normal port).

3. Turn on the computer.

4. Insert Amiga KICKSTART disk into the
disk drive (Amiga 1000 only).

5. When the 'Workbench' Icon appears
insert XJ - 220 DISK 1 . The game wiil
load and run automatically. Exchange
disks only when Instructed to do so.

NOTE:
JAGUAR XJ - 220 supports extra
drives. Simply place XJ - 220 DISK 2
into any external drlve before booting
the game. .The game will detect the
presence of the extra drives and will
check them for the presence of the
second disk

also UAE4all reports it working from http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/UAE4all

update::
Start the emulator in A500 mode, no special configuration needed.
Insert disk1 into DF0: and disk2 into DF1: and click Start, works here.
- I can't link you to the url because it has the rom links, but if you need help, PM me..

Last edited: