Some nes emulator help?

rehab

I've been trying to get a few emulators to work for a while, but haven't met any success. I was kind of thrown off, since I found the zsnes emulator easy to use, and it didn't require me to buy WinZIP or any such stuff.

Bottom line, could anybody suggest a nes emulator, if such a one exists, that is relatively simple to use and doesn't require WinZIP to be opened or to play .zip files?

spotanjo3

No, you can just download winrar and it is not going to ask you to buy it. It will expire in 30 days then after that.. It will annoying to ask you to buy it if you want one but ignored it because it is just the way it is. It will continue allow you to use winrar no matter what. No worries. :)

There are three emulators you can try:

* VirtuaNes
* Nestopia.
* NNNesterJ.
* FCE Ultra.

It is your decision. Most people thinks Nestopia is the best. I suggest you try them all and decide for yourself in your own taste. :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
also many zip programs to try.

prpZip
ZipPro
winRar
winArj
7zip

No need to pay anything for it, and XP comes with a built in zip integration. Just turn it on..

Zach

Your post is confusing..

Emulators don't require winzip, much less it be opened.. and very few that I know of support zip files as it is, and in that case, you shouldn't even need an external unzipping program..

Anyway just download one of the free programs others have mentioned.. WinRAR works fine, been using it for years. When you download zipped roms, just unzip them, open them with your emulator.. it's pretty straight forward.

Practically all NES emulators are easy to use and get setup, unless you for some reason, have poor problem solving and common sense skills, you should have no problems using any NES emulators.

Jale

ZIPs are there for easier Internet transfer. And no, you don't need to buy anything. Try 7zip, it's free.