How exactly do I play Saturn ISOs on a Dreamcast or PC (Yabause)?

lolwotlol

Rather than mounting a virtual drive, can I just copy the ISOs to CDs? How exactly do I go about doing this? Is the ISO all that would need to be stored on the disc?
btw, I apologize if this is against the rules...

montpics

It can be done. Burning an ISO file (using burning CD software) into CD-R. Most of the Saturn emulator for PC can run CDs but I'm not sure about Dreamcast though.

spotanjo3

Yes, you can do that with SSF and Yabasuse but I prefer SSF because it is better than Yabasuse. I do not like Yabasuse's name. It sounds like abuse or something to it. It is ugly name.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
SSF is great but it has higher system requirements. Anyway....

Yabause (Ya-ba-oos-say)

That is how its said in Japanese so it does not turn out that way in the end lol.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

What is your computer specs ? I don't like Yabause and never will unless it is closer to SSF but for now, I prefer SSF.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yes, you can do that with SSF and Yabasuse but I prefer SSF because it is better than Yabasuse. I do not like Yabasuse's name. It sounds like abuse or something to it. It is ugly name.
- Are you saying you dont like the emulator because of its name? Wow that judgemental.

Rather than mounting a virtual drive, can I just copy the ISOs to CDs? How exactly do I go about doing this? Is the ISO all that would need to be stored on the disc?
btw, I apologize if this is against the rules...
- Ya I agree so far saturn emulators have bad iso mounting support. You can not just copy the ISO to a CD, you do have to make a CD from the iso. Any burning software should support that. An ISO is just an image of the disc, a snapshot so to speak. You just ask the cd-burning software to make a CD from the ISO. Think of it like your were given a mold, and your just making a casting from it.