Burning Shenmue 2

Smeghead

NOTE: I own this game so don't lay an egg about copyright or anything.

I got it for Christmas some years ago & then let my "friend" borrow my whole Dreamcast collection. I sent my Dreamcast, 2 controllers, 2 memory units, rumble pack, light gun and 8 games - and when his mother brought it 'all' back, it was just the DC with the power lead missing (I'm using a PSX lead in its stead) and one controller. I was gutted.

Anyway! This Christmas, I really want to relive some old times and Shenmue will be the guest of honour. So... a week or so ago, I downloaded an "NTSC/PAL" version with the intentions of playing it in an emulator. I tried it in 3 emulators and it's slow as Hell and the quality is awful. Also, playing it on the PC is nothing like playing it on the actual DC so I want to burn it.

The files are MDS/MDF which I've done some reading on and have experimented with. I've just trashed 2 700Mb CDR's as Alcohol 120% seems to freak out after writing the first track. The errors were different for each so I dunno what the problem could be.

I'm burning at 12X (it's as slow as my writer will go, but I've read that it'll still work) in RAW DOA with overrun enabled (I can't imagine overrun support being the problem after burning a whole 75Mb), etc. What can I do from here?

I also had another question in my mind. To "play" it in the emulator, I used an old version of D-Tools to mount the image to a virtual drive. That obviously worked fine. I'm wondering... what're my chances of success if I use MagicISO to create an ISO from the virtual drive - and then try to burn that? I already have the ISO, but I've a suspicion that it won't work.

Thanks in advance & sorry if this kinda thing is annoying by now. ;x

[edit]

I can predict people advising me to buy it again "'cause it's only $10." I've just checked eBay for PAL versions and not only are there only 2 for sale, but they're just under £30 (roughly $60) so... no, I'm not going to buy it again. ;P

Last edited:

Zach

I don't know much when it comes to burning games, but you may want to list the errors that Alcohol is giving you. Someone may be able to give you a solution

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
1. Shenmue 2 is NOT 10 bucks. It's one of the more expensive games.
2. If you select the .mds is Alcohol 120% and the .mdf is in the same folder it should work.
3. Most Dreamcast games come in DiscJuggler format (.cdi). I strongly suggest downloading the DiscJuggler version released by Echelon. This one should work flawlessly on your DC.

spotanjo3

Very funny.. It is not cheap game. It is very expensive but thanks god.. It didnt interested me at all so I don't need that. :)