just an idea

Genome

north west south west
i dont know if this is a good idea or not, just thought i would offer it up.
i have noticed that alot of people (myself included) have had on-going threads about their projects. it seemed like a good idea to me to offer a new section for projects or mame cabinets, really just emulation projects in general.

montpics

You can create a new thread about it as long as you didn't break the rules given. :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ya I kind of know what you mean. I asked the same but more like a section for controllers. Although it got kicked back..

I guess what you mean is a section dedicated for ongoing projects. I think the same rebuttal applies though. Witch was " there is not enough interest to have a section dedicated for it".

When you think of it how many people actually do have "projects". Now from my point of view I don't see it adventitious in the sense of interest but more so on categorizations. I like to have things broken up much better. However its not my board so I just keep posting and make suggestions.

Genome

north west south west
i thought it would keep people who were intrested in certain subjects on the same page with one another, i mean it can easily spread between any of the categories when your working on an ongoing project. general gaming, misc, xbox, pc, whatever. like you said ulalualo better organization.

i know myself and you and others have lots of things they have been working on. oh well though im just a guest here and im happy for that :happy:

i wouldnt have gotten this far without this great forum!:happy::happy::happy::D

Zach

It's really easier to just subscribe to a thread people are interested in. That way when there is an update, you get an e-mail or whatnot. It's just simpler.

But yes I'm not sure 2 or 3 people across the board warrants it's own category..
The thing is, we are a very small community. A lot of the things we are used to seeing on large community sites just doesn't realistically apply to us at EZ.

If you want to have your own spot for discussion of your project, if you think you will generate that much interest. You can always look up a free board host (IPB?) and advertise it in your sig, etc.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Hey Zach thx for the insight. In Genome's defense i don't think he is asking that attention be brought upon him alone. It is just that when doing your own thing you get a bit of a overwhelming experience and think to your self how nice it would be to have a topic just for people like yourself (i.e projects or hardware/projects) . But never the less you are right there is not need for such a thing, especial on EZ. .. Agreed.

Last edited: