Is it true is it true?!

glompingcow

I heard that Final Fantasy VII is going to be rereleased next year on the PS3!!! If that's true I swear I'll have a friggin heart attack!!

I have FF7 for the PC, but our old PC was in our house when it caught on fire ;_; And our new PC, it just thinks it's too good to run it V_V So I've been stuck without FF7 for awhile, which I hate because I think that FF7 is the best game ever!!!

So... is it true?!

Is my dream being realized?!!!! *tears of joy*

Jale

The only Final Fantasy VII expected to be released on the PS3 is a tech demo to demonstrate the power of the PlayStation 3 with this game. No full game has been announced yet, but it is possible we can play a remake and/or the sequel (Advent Children) of this game someday.

On a side note, Final Fantasy XIII is going to be the first Final Fantasy released for the PS3. Release date is still unknown, but hopefully it's expected to be launched between 2008 and 2009. Another Final Fantasy game for the PS3, called Final Fantasy Versus XIII is going to be released too.

Last edited:

glompingcow

Awwwww ;_; I thought what I saw was the "tech demo", and they were working on the whole thing.

Blah, I don't really like any other Final Fantasy games >_> they all pale in comparison in my eyes lol

Although my friend says Final Fantasy 8 is the best V_V I think she's craazy.

Jale

She's not the only one. I also think the same.

*runs away before getting beaten*

Ryanfaescotland

Great now I have the card game tune in my head, thanks guys.

Isn't there something you can do on your new computer to slow it down and get FF7 to run? I think I done something similar with Constructor at some point.

montpics

I heard that Final Fantasy VII is going to be rereleased next year on the PS3!!! If that's true I swear I'll have a friggin heart attack!!
Taken from Wikipedia
...Some speculate that the Compilation will also include an enhanced remake of the original Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation 3. This speculation was sparked at the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo by the release of a Final Fantasy VII technology demo featuring the opening sequence of Final Fantasy VII recreated using the PlayStation 3's graphical capabilities. The demo was created by Yoshinori Kitase's team with help from Koji Sugimoto, the main programmer for Final Fantasy X, as well as Motomu Toriyama, and was completed in one and a half month to Kitase's surprise and satisfaction, who nevertheless noted that it does not use the PlayStation 3's full capacities and could have been of even higher quality if more time had been given.

Although Yōichi Wada explained that the presentation was intended only for technological demonstration purposes — claims echoed by Kitase in an interview in Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Ω — the June 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly stated that the video was actually a "sneak peak at a next-gen revival" of Final Fantasy VII. An official statement from Square Enix later debunked this claim, reiterating that the company had not announced such a project. Further fueling the rumors, Kaz Hirai said at the Final Fantasy VII 10th Anniversary Gallery in Tokyo: "Congratulations on 10 fantastic years! The best is yet to come".
Note to self : We will see once that time comes. :rolleyes:

I'm actually like FFVIII as well. :p