PSP Care

innersun

I recently purchased a black PSP Slim and thus far I'm completely loving it. Except for one small detail. It's made of that glossy plastic material that (however pretty) makes it an instant finger-print magnet. In the past I've stayed away from technology made of this material however I suppose this time I just didn't do my research in advance.

I'm wondering how this is going to effect the look of it in the long term. I'd like to be able to look at it with admiration two to three years down the road. I'd hate to see unremovable buildup and scratches all over it. A lot of technology these days too is made of this terrible plastic. Does anyone have the same problem with any of their hardware and gadgets? If so what do you do to keep them clean and what can I do to keep my PSP looking as nice in the future?

- Thanks

willyham

Parselmouth
I recently purchased a black PSP Slim and thus far I'm completely loving it. Except for one small detail. It's made of that glossy plastic material that (however pretty) makes it an instant finger-print magnet. In the past I've stayed away from technology made of this material however I suppose this time I just didn't do my research in advance.

I'm wondering how this is going to effect the look of it in the long term. I'd like to be able to look at it with admiration two to three years down the road. I'd hate to see unremovable buildup and scratches all over it. A lot of technology these days too is made of this terrible plastic. Does anyone have the same problem with any of their hardware and gadgets? If so what do you do to keep them clean and what can I do to keep my PSP looking as nice in the future?

- Thanks

bro i have had a psp since 3 days after they came out and i bought some of those clear stick on screen covers...for the other parts i use the psp wipe to wipe everything when i use it...it has stayed beautifuly.

if u wash ur hands u shud worry anyway :p

innersun

Yeah... I probably shouldn't worry too much. I suppose I'm a bit of a condition nazi and the idea of glossy fingerprint-magnet plastic drives me a little crazy (why is this so trendy now anyway?).