Kawa-X wont find roms

waddup125

I have just installed Kawa-X v0.11 onto my xbox which has EvolutionX Build 3935 dashboard. The problem that I currently have is that Kawa-X v0.11 wont find any roms that i have put in my roms folder (E:/games/Kawa-X/roms). Anyone has had this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

deanyork

yes i have an identical situation.have you had any luck yet? if so how do you get it to work as its doing my head in. cheers

rivaboy

Hi, i just signed up for this board when i read this post (google search)

I have been having the same problem and its bloody pissing me off.
I just had an idea; maybe the roms have to be run off a DVD? It may have to be in d:\

Dunno,
RB

rivaboy

I just found out how to make it work!

yno the rompath.ini file? change the contents to d:\roms then load your roms into the roms folder (should be in the kawa-x folder)

It works and i love it!

Have fun,
RB

grovoz

can you help me? i have the same problem but your solution don't work on me...

do you know if the path must be "d:\roms" even if I don't have them there? I upload the roms to "e:\games\kawa-x\roms" and change the path file but it don't work...

do I have to rename the files inside the zip files?

please help

rivaboy

Originally posted by grovoz@Nov 11 2004, 10:01 PM
do you know if the path must be "d:\roms" even if I don't have them there? I upload the roms to "e:\games\kawa-x\roms" and change the path file but it don't work...
Try this: change the rompath.ini file to d:\roms even though thats not where you are gunna put them (i think this feature is screwed)
Then upload your roms into the roms folder in your KawaX folder. (in this case e:\games\kawa-x\roms

Good luck, post if it worked, post if it didnt! Either way lemme know wat happened.

O, i know! Also post the version of Kawa-X, ill check to see if its the same as mine.

Zippy

Just recently downloaded this (V.11) from Suprnova. I installed it, it only showed three roms, hit the scan rom button, all the roms vanished. Been searching for any information. Only to find that I have done everything including the person who posted the torrent to begin with, for hints or problems.

Yes i have the negoeo bios zip located in the rom folder.

the rom path was set for F where my Emu folder is. Tried changing it to d. No good

there is also a negogeo2 file in there as well????

I also read the readme fle. There is nothing in the readme file that is really worth while....

any help would be apreciated.