Not To Complain Here...

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Alright, like I said, though don't see why it's like this in the first place... but can you fix the posting permissions for us "members" to be able to edit our own posts without the time limit? I don't see the big deal with this, but can't edit my never ending docs without pesting those Mods. :p Maybe I can request this, but never was a problem on my community, people still eat spam.... err... I mean "post" spam. :p

Take care you guys. ;)

Zach

I doubt there is any easy way to do that. I've never come across a forum where it was different either. It's always seemed to me that members just lose the right to edit after a while. Which is good, because it preserves the integrity of the original posting and people can't play around with "hot" topics to manipulate what was/is said.

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Well, meant of correcting things in your post, spelling errors and link corrections I guess... Never had a flood control problem on mine with the time limit to edit your post off, but some communities are different I guess...

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
I doubt there is any easy way to do that. I've never come across a forum where it was different either. It's always seemed to me that members just lose the right to edit after a while. Which is good, because it preserves the integrity of the original posting and people can't play around with "hot" topics to manipulate what was/is said.

Speaking, guess you edited your whole post after I just replied to it. :p

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Every forum I've ever used has a time limit to edit posts. At the end of the day you don't need days/weeks to edit spelling errors and such so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Can't say I've ever come across a situation here or on any other forum where I've wanted or needed to edit a post days or weeks after I made it?.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Every forum I've ever used has a time limit to edit posts. At the end of the day you don't need days/weeks to edit spelling errors and such so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Can't say I've ever come across a situation here or on any other forum where I've wanted or needed to edit a post days or weeks after I made it?.

Look FT, with designers and programmers like us, it would be nice to edit that first post of resent updates instead of posting a new post all the way down making everyone read all the nonsense in between. ;)

With Ulao's Blissbox project, RockmanForte's translation project, though examples, and of my resourceful docs of things, makes it hard to keep them "organized"...

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Thats understandable. Perhaps the admins can make some arrangment to keep those threads tidy since it relates to such a limited number of subjects.

Making a blanket change to the forum as a whole removing time limits on post edits for all users though would probably do more harm than good.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately a time limit is all we can allow. Imagine if people kept editing old posts all the time, some discussions would not even make a sence.

If you need to change some guide you posted please send the changes to a moderator or me to edit them.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
FatTrucker, Zach,, what are you talking about?? This site used to allow you to change post. The time thing is relatively new?? Or at least significantly shortened.
Look FT, with designers and programmers like us, it would be nice to edit that first post of resent updates instead of posting a new post all the way down making everyone read all the nonsense in between.
- A good point. But Lefteris_D is right... Personally I think certain threads should be editable for ever. But how to decide. One way would be to make a new post "TYPE", as in info type, and not question or debates. Or maybe the mods decide. But its nice to be able to have info posts editable.

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Unfortunately a time limit is all we can allow. Imagine if people kept editing old posts all the time, some discussions would not even make a sence.

If you need to change some guide you posted please send the changes to a moderator or me to edit them.

I never had that problem on my community, but if they did edit it down the line for just the sake of it, everyone pretty much read it by then anyway, so would make them look nuts... :p

Usually if a topic was dead or looked dead for going on three to four months, we would chuck it into the "Archive Bin" to collect dust or depending on the forum it came from, just closed it and left it for reference. ;)

Guess I'll have to bug some people here... :p

ulaoulao said:
- A good point. But Lefteris_D is right... Personally I think certain threads should be editable for ever. But how to decide. One way would be to make a new post "TYPE", as in info type, and not question or debates. Or maybe the mods decide. But its nice to be able to have info posts editable.

Ulao: I agree with ya, certain threads should be "editable" forever, except RP topics or similar, though none here... People have the habit of changing characters around to cheat...

Looks like I'm losing ground here on the subject... but you could set it as when a member gains a certain amount of posts, they change into a new group, though very similar, but allows them to edit their "own" posts without a timelimit, though maybe in certain forums... Might be an IPB ideal only though...

All I can comment on the subject at this point... ;)

Last edited: