Organizing Discs

The Rising Sun

Nothing much
Would you guys be able to tell me how to organizing my ROM files into discs ?, i have a game that spans multiple discs, each disc is broken up into ten separate files. do I just have to organize each disc file into it's own specific folder ?, or, should I organize them into one big file ?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.:happy:

Jale

I have all my ROMs compressed separately into .zip files and the naming scheme goes like this:

SNES___SUPER_MARIO_ALL___STARS.ZIP
SNES___DONKEY_KONG_COUNTRY_3.ZIP
SNES___ALADDIN.ZIP
N64___SUPER_MARIO_64.ZIP
PCE___BONK_S_ADVENTURE.ZIP
GEN___CASTLEVANIA_BLOODLINES.ZIP

Etc...

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
i have a game that spans multiple discs, each disc is broken up into ten separate files.
- sounds like rar files. If so you need to un rar first.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I have all my ROMs compressed separately into .zip files and the naming scheme goes like this:

SNES___SUPER_MARIO_ALL___STARS.ZIP
SNES___DONKEY_KONG_COUNTRY_3.ZIP
SNES___ALADDIN.ZIP
N64___SUPER_MARIO_64.ZIP
PCE___BONK_S_ADVENTURE.ZIP
GEN___CASTLEVANIA_BLOODLINES.ZIP

Etc...

Are you serious? You don't check them or rename them using tools? Sometimes you won't notice you have a bad dump until you're halfway through it.

I rename/check mine using the No-Intro dats and I have seperate folders for all different systems.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
alcoatjez, I think Jale is talking about cd-roms. In this case you could not possibly make a tool for this. There are so many different dumps out there it would be impossible to catch them all. Granted if there was a cd-rom renaming tool it would be great, but its just not practical . well not with playstation.. maybe DC or sega.. But correct me if I'm wrong... Since we are in " Sony Emulation" I'm guessing we are talking about cd-roms here. But Jale's titles sound like rom not cd-roms and if that is the case alcoatjez has a point. Godda love 7z with quickplay ....... Extract and play on the fly..

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
If you only download what you play it's not a problem.
Although it would still be good for Jale to check his ROMs. Not all [!] ROMs in the GoodTools are verified, so it's possible you're playing a bad ROM. In that case a game could quit when you're almost finished, so I like to prevent that.
Ah well, everybody should do it how they want :)