Searching for hardware????????????

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I searched for hardware a couple days ago [cant remember why] but ever since my copmuter is eating up the cpu between 40%-100% used at all times.

And this shows up

Spoiler »
WTF-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jale

Before you go with the virus scan, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open the task manager, then click "Processes" tab. On the list, check the process that is consuming more than 40% of your CPU and post a screenshot again.

Then I'll tell you what to do next.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Spoiler »
sad.jpg

Jale

services.exe is a part of the Microsoft Windows Operating System and manages the operation of starting and stopping services. This process also deals with the automatic starting of services during the computers boot-up and the stopping of services during shut-down. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: services.exe is a process which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.
Do a virus check as onewecallgod said. If services.exe still uses lots of CPU, then it was not a virus.

System.exe is another process I'm looking at. It's taking 88% of your CPU. That one may be the virus.

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Hmmm... When your CPU jacks up to 100% again, take a snapshot and post it, it might be "services.exe", though don't stop it, it's part of running Windows, might crash if ya do. Process Explorer helps, can dowload here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/processexplorer.mspx

I'm having a similar problem with Win2000 Pro, though does it every time the server/wireless internet loses connection, until one or the other is stable for a bit. Not sure of the problem myself, but everyone else is also running into the same problem...

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I ran a full virus scan in safe mode. No threats detected, but when i boot in safe mode every time it says "cant mtd device"

This is what comes up on process explorer

Sorry I dont know how to make the Spoiler thing to hide the pic

Spoiler »
sad-2.jpg

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Spoiler »
play.jpg

Spoiler »
Hardware.jpg

UPDATE:::::::::::::::::: Fixed it i went ....Control panel>system>hardware>Device managers.Then just uninstalled the hardware it was trying to install. Thanx for all the help everyone

Last edited: