Newbie help please

trevelvis

I have just started using a playstation emulator and managed eventually to config it but got problems.
1. do you need the BIOS file from your country or from where the games are from ie I am from Uk(pal) but I guess most downloads are from US (ntsc).
2. I have Gran Turismo 2 and play it by Run ISO command but it keeps crashing and either goes back to desktop or windows log in screen so its quite fun in the middle of a race as it keeps going ( you can still hear it ) but by the time I can get back to it I have lost the race. Any ideas to stop this please

Guitar Gamer

1) Yes you do need to use the proper BIOS which correlates to your region. In your case, PAL is correct, so you will need SCPH7502.BIN to play discs you've bought from the area. Now your downloaded ISOs on the other hand may be NTSC and need SCPH1001.BIN. If a game isn't working at first - try switching the BIOS.

2) Hmm... do you have any background programs running which may take the focus from your window? Because it doesn't sound like it "crashes" but rather just loses focus (since you say you can get back into the game you were playing) A crash would probably result in the termination of ePSXe althogether.

trevelvis

The only thing I have running is some suprnova downloads and didnt think they would make a difference. I am downloading new bios. If I was running wrong bios would it still work as it does just very unstable.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by trevelvis@Aug 5 2004, 07:47 PM
The only thing I have running is some suprnova downloads and didnt think they would make a difference.
Bit Torrent draws system resources. Stop your downloads and try again.