problems with graphics PSX

sonic springboard
Ok so ive finaly decided to do the switch for epsxe to psx because i hear PSX is better...but is it?
It would seem with PSX i cant run most of my games and games that i can run have a lot of graphic errors.
I figured this may not be the emulator though, as i dont know how to configure the graphics...are the characters in bloody roar supposed to be on screen?:) joking :)

So can anyone tell me what settings is best to use for psx?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok so ive finaly decided to do the switch for epsxe to psx because i hear PSX is better...but is it?
It would seem with PSX i cant run most of my games and games that i can run have a lot of graphic errors.
I figured this may not be the emulator though, as i dont know how to configure the graphics...are the characters in bloody roar supposed to be on screen?:) joking :)

So can anyone tell me what settings is best to use for psx?

- hmm, well psx is not that its better its new and being developed ;) This makes it better. Since PSX does not use plugins it may be a compatibility issue with your card. The advantage to a plug-in system is that you have more "tweaking" power. In most cases you will not need to configure anything in video. If you have troubles I would look in to your card. For example a dx10 card even though its balls to the wallz fast, would have troubles. The emu was not witten for dx 10. And same with older cards.

NOTE::
Minimum System Requirements:

* CPU: 600 MHz (750 MHz on Windows XP)
* Memory: 128 MB RAM (192 MB on Windows XP)
* CD-ROM: 2x read, ASPI-compatible, or any CD-compatible virtual drive

Recommended System Requirements:

* CPU: 1.3 GHz
* Memory: 256 MB RAM
* CD-ROM: 16x read, ASPI-compatible, or any CD-compatible virtual drive

Windows-specific Requirements:

* Graphics: DirectX9-compatible graphics card (non-integrated recommended)
* Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card (non-integrated recommended)
* Other: Latest release of DirectX9, fully-functional ASPI layer recommended
- special attention to " DirectX9-compatible graphics card (non-integrated recommended)"