• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

No$gba 2.5a and 2.5b released!

spotanjo3

03 November 2007 - version 2.5b
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer auto-updates 3d tree view (if any) during emulation
- nds/3d/debug: defaults to disable old/slow 3d debugmsg's (instead vram viewer)
- nds/3d/mtx: removed v2.5 z-rounding trick, allows to change projection per vtx
- nds/3d/mtx: gl_projection set to identity (but max depth +1.0 instead +0.99)
- nds/3d/mtx: all matrix math done by software without using any opengl matrices
- nds/spi: allows to deselect/disable spi bus without clearing the hold-bit
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer displays texture bitmap for currently selected vtx
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer draws laser arrow from screen-center to selected vtx
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer indicates unused lights and color tables by red line
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer shows color/material/shininess/etc for selected vtx
- nds/wifi/help: added port 24Ch/24Eh/250h, 264h/270h, 2A4h/2C4h, 2C8h/2CCh info
- nds/3d/speedup/frameskip: renders 3d only when needed (capture and video out)
- nds/3d/speedup: position vectors multiply only 3x4 matrix (and add 1x4 * w=1)
- nds/3d/speedup: directional vectors use 3x3 matrix maths (instead slow 4x4)
- nds/key1/help: renamed crypt_up/down (actually encrypt/decrypt) (thanks simon)
- nds/3d/stage2/buf: all 3d rendering/lighting/vtxmaths performed from buffer
- nds/3d/multi: uses a single opengl context shared (and working) for multiplay
- nds/3d/internal: internally translates gx commands 0..255 to ID codes 0..38
- nds/wifi/help: added W_TX_HDR_CNT port 194h bit0,1,2 info (thanks Tim Seidel)
- nds/3d/debug: added new 3d page to vram viewer, treeview for buffered commands
- nds/3d/buf: stores initial frame settings, reallocs larger buffer when needed
- nds/3d/buf: stores commands with original params, and results on each mtx cmd
- nds/3d/buf: buffers all gx commands (for future frameskip and for vram viewer)
- nds/3d/deguglog: appends current matrix_mode as comment to all matrix commands
- nds/3d/softlight: fixed shininess_table index (7bit index = 8bit data div 2)
- nds/wifi: emulates 0000h-to-094h-to-098h, and reset-098h.bit15-via-0B4h.Bit6
- nds/wifi/help: added 1D0h..1DFh info, added notes on body[2] instead txhdr[2]
- nds/wifi/help: confirmed 0B4h.Bit6, added 030h.Bit7, added info on 094h/098h
- nds/wifi/help: removed incorrect/unconfirmed rxbuf_begin/end-latching-info
- nds/wifi/help: added txhdr[2], port[0C0h], port[0C4h], renamed EXTRA to CMD
- nds/wifi/help: renamed W_RXUNITS to W_RXTX_ADDR and moved it to status chapter
- nds/wifi/help: added notes on registers affected by powerforce (and by irq13)
- nds/wifi: reflects powerforce to rf_status (unreported pictochat-lite problem)
- cpu/debug: replaced invalid tmb high-opcode error message by optional warning
- cpu/debug: disassembler shows invalid high-opcodes as such (thanks vladimir)
- cpu: emulates invalid add/mov/cmp thumb high-opcodes-without-high-registers
- joysticks: fixed unstable vint_inputs code (occassionallly skipped joysticks)
- nds/wifi/dslite: debug-iomap recognizes channel-number for type3 RF registers
- nds/wifi/dslite: emulates type3 RF registers (reading, writing, and initial)
- nds/wifi: emulates reading from RF chip, emulates initial power-on RF values
- nds/wifi/help: added RF2958 (aka RF9008) datasheet info (thanks Tim Seidel)

04 October 2007 - version 2.5a
- debug: fixed @@resolve_clks bug (new timings crashed the clock cycle comments)

Site @ http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

what i experience with digimon world dawn and pokemon yeah is faster but the sound is horrible like 44% in my pc so i'm still stick with 2.4f version is slower but the sound and playability it's more than 100% ;)

spotanjo3

Make sure emulation speed up is AUTO normal. 2.4f sucks because I can play castlevania dos and por on 2.5b since the speed improvement much better. I do not care about the sound. Why should you worry, lol! It will get better.. just worry about playing the game without a sound, man! I can! :)

GOOD JOB, no$GBA DEVELOPER! YOU ROCK!!!!! LOVE YOU! KEEP UP!!!!!!!!

spotanjo3

Gonna test it. I wish I can play Pearl in this version...It was patched.

That's why I never patched the games that need it. I will play other game until the game like you did is fix and now it's fixing!

I don't play Pokemon. They are bored and same things over and over.. Caught 'em all. It's annoying, lol!

Rockman this game works good with 2.4f in my pc i just test this version and if works bad i just wait ;) and use the previous one.

spotanjo3

Rockman this game works good with 2.4f in my pc i just test this version and if works bad i just wait ;) and use the previous one.

Interesting. It is fast on 2.5b and much better than 2.4f and save works. I don't know what's wrong with your. :eek:

I dunno myself but on my pentium 3 works better the 2.4f version at least the sound issue, i told you 100% with 2.4f and 2.5b 45% lol

spotanjo3

I dunno myself but on my pentium 3 works better the 2.4f version at least the sound issue, i told you 100% with 2.4f and 2.5b 45% lol

Okay, I can't see what you are doing in your house. It works fine on 2.5b and mine is Pentium 4 2.4ghz 256ram. The developer fixed it already and it works fine and also many speed improvement alots with games.. Speed is some faster like Pokemon, Zelda, Castlevania, Contact, Super Mario 64, New Super Mario bros.

Oh yeah, Super Mario 64 is now FULLY PLAYABLE with 99% no graphics errors... Two graphics errors are: Princess peach's hair is little bit messup and the letter cannot read because text is invisible and the characters's shadow under their feets are missing. The speed is fast for this game!!!!!! :D

Many many more. I have notepad with the lists. 2.5b is much better since speed and graphics improvement. You can play 2.4f because 3-D was not fixed mostly in 2.4f.

Maybe you need to buy a new computer. Mine is old but better and we will buy core 2 duo, 2X Geforce 8500GT 256mb with DVI+TV OUT Video, A very powerful computer, we can't wait soon! :D

I know i have to buy a new pc :p but explain this
how can it be faster and the sound works bad than previous versions? i have to wait for better versions of no$gba at least the game i like digimon world dawn or ds works great but pokemon yes is faster than before but same issue sound problem lol ;)

spotanjo3

I know i have to buy a new pc :p but explain this
how can it be faster and the sound works bad than previous versions? i have to wait for better versions of no$gba at least the game i like digimon world dawn or ds works great but pokemon yes is faster than before but same issue sound problem lol ;)

LOL!

Some games have good sound than other. The sound is incomplete and is still in progressing, ok ? Nothing is wrong with you expect the speed. Maybe you need to buy a new pc. :)

Last edited:

Sayochant

hmm i love the rockman series and im playing megaman zx now and i found a room with doors that only open if i have one of the old megaman zero games in the gba slot... does that work with any of the emulators? do i have to activate some kind of option for that? i really couldnt find out how this works

spotanjo3

hmm i love the rockman series and im playing megaman zx now and i found a room with doors that only open if i have one of the old megaman zero games in the gba slot... does that work with any of the emulators? do i have to activate some kind of option for that? i really couldnt find out how this works

Make sure you read the no$gba's changelog for it. It didnt include so it is not emulating yet. It will but it can be years or sooner. Dont know yet. :)