DS problem. Help needed!

dmb87

Dreaming Tree
Hey guys,

*Phoenix Wright spoilers ahead*

I'm currently playing Phoenix Wright on the DS emulator DeSmuME. I'm on the fifth case of the first game and am in the Underground Parking Lot. I'm using the 3D searching for the first time with the wallet. However, when I move my cursor to the wallet opener, nothing pops up. No choice to investigate. I've searched through a few walkthroughs and found out what's supposed to happen and I've asked some people who've played, and it seems the problem is with the emulator.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

spotanjo3

o_O

If you cannot get pass or anything then it is a bug.. Wait for next release or use no$gba. I personally not like Desmume because it is slow and they dont released very often. No$gba and iDeas are the best one. You can try ideas 1.0.1.9. :)

dmb87

Dreaming Tree
no$gba won't open my ROM file. It says "Failed to read data. Turn off power and reinsert GameCard."

What does this mean?

spotanjo3

You need to select the correct NDS backup media (save type) from the options menu. Just choose a savetype and reset (important) until you find the right one. The middle 8KB EEPROM one is a common one.

Last edited:

dmb87

Dreaming Tree
Alright, I gave up trying on no$gba, so downloaded iDeaS instead. Phoenix Wright runs fine (actually, much smoother and better than it did on DeSmuME. I can't believe how slow I had originally been playing). However, the sound is a real problem. I'm not sure what the problem is, but the music has this like wailing sound to it and sometimes it skips.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

dmb87

Dreaming Tree
Oh - just discovered another problem. When I go to make a choice, all the options are the same. They're not *really* the same, since the game understands that each of them are unique when I choose them, but the images are the same. Is there a solution for this one, too?

dmb87

Dreaming Tree
Well, forget iDeaS. When it gets to the 3D Inspection, it just freezes.

Ugh, is there ANY way I can finish this game?? :(:(:(

spotanjo3

Something's not right about you. I can run it on No$gba perfectly doesn't mean it do not freezed because I don't play this game yet. If you want to send it to me and see if I can test it for you with a screenshot so you will know it is better emulator or have a same result so you don't need to waste your time. What do you think ?

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I opened this wallet and There is an ID Card -- (Detective Bruce Goodman, ID # 5842189...) Now.. Goodman's ID added to the Court Record. Now I am moving to Right and Examine -> Cell phone on ground next to oil drum on left side then speaks with Angel Starr.

Did you get that or am I only one able to get through ? Everything's okay to me. Let me know ? :)

Last edited:

dmb87

Dreaming Tree
Yeah! I'm trying to use the same one, but it just keeps saying "Failed to read data. Turn off power and reinsert Game Card."

WHYYYY??? :(:(:(:(

spotanjo3

Please try to use your head and there is why many emulators have options so look around the options, ok ? :)

This game need EEPROM 64.

Make sure to go to options:

NDS Cartridge Backup Media:
33814366ho5.png

Then go to options again, click save option, File, reset cartridge. Viola!

dmb87

Dreaming Tree
OH! I see what I was doing wrong. I was playing around with the GBA backup files, not the NDS ones. I'm an idiot.

Rockmanforte, thanks SO MUCH for your help!! It works GREAT now!

Buuut...I have one more question. It's not detecting my save file and the main screen only has the "New Game" option. How can I load up from the save file that I sent you?

Also, the bottom screen has thin white lines going through it. Is this normal?

Last edited: