Project 64 + Gamecube controller ?

The Rising Sun

Nothing much
Does anybody know if I will be able to play Project 64 with a Nintendo Gamecube controller connected to a USB adapter on my PC ?, how would I set up the controller ?. Also has anyone done this with Windows Vista ?, I've been able to get every emulator I've tried to work on Windows Vista through compatibility mode. Also, will I be able to use the controller to browse through my computer in general ?

One more thing, could I use this controller with other emulators like PSX ?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.:happy:

Sorry guys , I posted this question in the wrong section earlier.

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
ulaoulao is your guy for this. ;) I know it's possible, RockmanForte probably also knows, he has one and is using an USB adapter from his fav: WalMart. :p Not sure of the controller he is using, guessing a Playstation one with PJ64. PSX...? Should also work with it. It's just an adapter with ports on it.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Does anybody know if I will be able to play Project 64 with a Nintendo Gamecube controller connected to a USB adapter on my PC ?, how would I set up the controller ?. Also has anyone done this with Windows Vista ?, I've been able to get every emulator I've tried to work on Windows Vista through compatibility mode. Also, will I be able to use the controller to browse through my computer in general ?

One more thing, could I use this controller with other emulators like PSX ?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.:happy:

Sorry guys , I posted this question in the wrong section earlier.

Thank you, Desert Drifter.

Yes, you can use Nintendo Game Cube controller for PJ64 and it is much better.. Go ahead. :)

I don't know about Windows Vista because I am using Windows XP and I do not trust Windows Vista for some emulators having a problem with this program. I am remain with Windows Xp for few years until Windows Vista increase new program and much better but for now, not for me. :)

The Rising Sun

Nothing much
How would I set up the controller ?, would Project 64 automatically detect by me selecting controller 2 ?, or would it automatically the default method of input for Project 64 once the adapter and controller is plugged into my computer ?.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
How would I set up the controller ?, would Project 64 automatically detect by me selecting controller 2 ?, or would it automatically the default method of input for Project 64 once the adapter and controller is plugged into my computer ?.

Supposedly it's a "Plug-in-play" device. No drivers, just installs on startup when pluged in that is. You would probably have to pick a "port" though PJ64 of the controller you want to use, is if you have a three in one (GC/PS/XBox) adapter. ;)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
- Your first step is to acquire a usb to GC controller, not sure if they are out there (my wallmart has not these things) but I can certainly make one for you. The one I have auto sense n64 or gc. The like Drifter said it will work on the fly no drivers. When you run pj64 you just assign you keys.. Simple to do..

Last edited:

The Rising Sun

Nothing much
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help, I saw USB controller adapter at a walmart once, think I'll go check there, chow.