Doom 3

onewecallgod

a friend of has:
XP Tbred 1800+ @ 2.5ghz
9700pro @ 412/340

and he runs it with 4x AA 1024x[whatever the hell this part is] with full detail. he gets around 40-50fps

Neco, what graphics settings you running at?

Zach

1.7ghz on 180 FBS, 144 ram, 512MB. Ti 4200 (4400 speed). No AF, no AA. Optimal IQ settings.

800x600 and game autodetects.

It can get choppy real fast.

You need a beast to play it smooth. End of story.

Splize

Im downloading it as we speak......The beta was pretty scary with all the dark corners and all......Something u dont wanna play at night ehhh.

ShadowWarrior

You guys know if the retail version runs through an ATI Radeon 9200SE 256MB card? It's one of those cheaper ones. I know I know, why didn't I get a 9800XT, well, they're expensive, and I rather upgrade my RAM than anything... 8]

onewecallgod

it will probably run fine without any AA/AF and low detail and low resolution

Zach

Originally posted by Splize@Aug 3 2004, 06:46 AM
Im downloading it as we speak......The beta was pretty scary with all the dark corners and all......Something u dont wanna play at night ehhh.
Fucker it was 3am and I had the LIGHTS OUT

:ph34r:

It will also run balls on a 9200.. the extra video ram may help slightly tho

Splize

MAn I just played it this morning....Pretty good game...lots of cool details freaky things poping outta everywhere.....plus the storyline at the moment is pretty good :)

Guitar Gamer

So would you all say it's worth buying? Speaking from the perspective of someone who doesn't play too many shoot-em-up games.

Splize

<_< :angry: Man this game is pissing me off...the first time i played it it went smooth now its lagging always...wtf

Edea

I'm going to buy it shortly. I'm really anxious to play it and I hope it's as good and scary as everyone let's on. :ph34r:

ShadowWarrior

Hold on a sec... I just saw and played it at a friend's house. For $60, it's really not worth it. Everything is indoors', and there are too few enemies. The lighting is very dark and you'll need to get the patch to get the flashlight gun... Good thing I didn't waste my money on it...

HOPEFULLY, Half Life 2 won't be disappointing...

ShadowWarrior

Did you just call me a moron because I think Doom 3 sucks? That's okay... After Pam, you are all good to me... 8]

Anyway, at least in Doom 3, they can add a stage where you're out strolling around in a space suit or something in a canyon of some sort to reach some sort of generator, etc, etc. Eg: in KotOR when you had to walk around on the ocean floor to find some injector thingy.

I mean, they could have used some further imagination. I was hoping to see something more, experience something more than solely stunning graphics.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Well they could have added more outdoors stages. Heck, we know they had plenty of time to do it.