Dreamcast Emulator

Hrothgar

What is a really good Dreamcast Emulator? I tried nullDC. Maybe I just don't have enough power to my computer. Anyways, just a recommendation would be nice,

mapzilla

I've got just a 1 GHz chip, only 256 in RAM, and I can still play about half a dozen games at full speed. Every other game plays at 65-70%.

1) First I change the resolution on my desktop to the lowest setting possible.
2) I go into the "My Computer" Properties menu and change the 'Performance' settings to best performance.
3) Most important I clock the CPU to 50 on Chankast. The - key on the numpad. For laptops without a numpad, you will have to use the function key to access the -key.

If your operating system hasn't been rebooted in a long time, that could also be slowing you down. After my PC crashed, I had to reload everything from scratch and now everything works faster.

Hrothgar

Sadly I do not own a Dreamcast.

I'll try your idea mapzilla. The two games I tried to play are Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Crazy Taxi 2. I don't think MVC2 is a resource devourer, but I'm not sure about Crazy Taxi 2

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Your biggest problem is going to be the fact that your PC looks like it has integrated graphics with shared ram, which is disasterous in performance terms.
TBH its unlikely you're going to be able to run DC emulation at anything like decent framerates on that type of machine.

Hrothgar

Well, at least I know it's a lost cause with this laptop, so I'll stop trying. Thanks for help still though,