Chankast... Please Help!

scone527

I recently acquired Chankast and attempted to play a game I downloaded on it. However, when I click start it says, "can't read dc_bios.bin". I don't know what that means. Can someone help me figure this out? Also, the game I downloaded is a RAR File, does that matter? I also downloaded a dc_bios.rar file to try to get the thing going, but it didn't help. Please help me!

spotanjo3

You download bios which is illegal then we will not help you. Use the google how to deal with bios and your emulator. :)

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You download bios which is illegal then we will not help you. Use the google how to deal with bios and your emulator. :)

Huh?? Thats not right.

I thought EZ helps people to setup emulators with their corresponding BIOS'es etc... just not help them find the BIOs'es and ROMS/ISO.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Huh?? Thats not right.

I thought EZ helps people to setup emulators with their corresponding BIOS'es etc... just not help them find the BIOs'es and ROMS/ISO.

Spot on. If EZ took that line then to be honest no-one would ever be able to help anyone and the forum would die.
EZ simply has an explicit policy that users will not discuss how or where to obtain copyrighted material, it doesn't say anything about not giving people advice on where different files go or how to make them work with an emulator.....thats kind of the whole point of these forums.

You need to unpack the bios file and put it into the Chankast folder.

Last edited: