Nestopia Homepage

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Ok... This is dumb, but it's been bothering me for more than a year now.

Why on the Nestopia page, is the homepage this? and not the real homepage, found here?

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Sourceforge is where the download is hosted, that is the reason why. The homepage is there to give out better info.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
OK... I get what your trying to say. But I still have a few thoughts that does not fit into that theory.

Let's take the recently added ScummVM as an example. Since both ScummVM and Nestopia are hosted on sourceforge.

OK, go to the ScummVM page, and click the home page, it takes you here, and not infact to where the download is hosted, which is here.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I get that both are considerd official. But both can't be the home page. Infact if you go to the "Homepage Link" on the Nestopia page, the latest news on it says:
v1.24 released and new homepage

So that must make this the new homepage.

Zach

I can appreciate the thought of having everything be logically correct, but from what I can see no matter where EZ points to, it always goes to an official download source and/or page.. So it's not as if we're misrepresenting the links in a big way or anything.

It's also not the first time in history that projects have more than one homepage, and choose to keep them active.. If they want to run their sourceforge info and a separate site, we can't really do anything about that.. As long as they aren't complaining that we are linking to something out of date or unofficial I don't think it's that big an issue