What P2p Network

Codeine

Prefer? And why?

I prefer Soulseek: It has more obscure song's than any other p2p, it has more songs in general....the twit's in the chat room are fun to harass. But, sometimes it can be really un-cooperative...I typed in The Beatles in Soulseek on a bad day, and I only got one downloadable file. So, when that happen's, I bust out Kazaa Lite.

Discuss this, if you will, so I can belittle all of you

Zach

I hate them al. They are all useless and I can never find what I want.
If I do find something I am forced to wait for days for a download to start @ 1k/sec

fuck that

Codeine

Ya, thats why you speed it up.

What exactly are you looking for? Soulseek....It can find a lot obscure file's, so maybe it was pissed the day you searched. Thats my theorey.

J

Jet Set Willy

Soulseek has been sucking lately. Due to all the network problems, most of the time there are only a few people online, so you only get a few results.

People are ALWAYS downloading Beatles stuff from me. It's my most common serve.

When Soulseek works, it is great for these reasons:
  • Easy to find obscure stuff that you just wouldn't find on another network (since good old Audiogalaxy died, *sob*)
  • When you search for an album, the results come in groups of username, so usually all files appear grouped in order and you can just download the folder
  • People generally share high quality encoded music

What are your Soulseek I.D.s, people?

Me = waz, no caps.

El Fugitivo

As far as music goes, I like SoulSeek best as well. It has the best variety, and was really designed for less mainstream music. The chat rooms can be fun, but they're not great. When (read: if) I get broadband, I'll probably go back to IRC to talk about music, but for now SoulSeek's chat rooms do okay.

My SoulSeek I.D. on this computer is el_fugitivo, on my laptop it's jackAnselmo

DanielW

too bad i never got to use audiogalaxy on my DSL :(
that was the best music sharing program ever. plus it had forums where you can discuss the songs or the bands and shit. i always got great speeds with audiogalaxy on my dial-up. right now i use emule for games and new released albums. it sucks for mp3s though, and so does kazaa. i guess all the lawsuit bullshit is working, no one is sharing shit, and if they are, the songs are corrupt or just loop a segment.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I used to use Kazaa mainly, but I haven't been able to use it for a while because of some error. So instead of fixing it I decided to use SoulSeek or Waz.

J

Jet Set Willy

Waz sucks for me, it only has the same songs as I already have.

TGS

KaZaA does it for me.

Zach

oh whoever asked.

what I typically want is rare anime songs or video game music

anyway I tried soulseek a while ago.. hated it. I just want to type shit in and wade through results, not sit around in a room waiting for people to show up

But I'm a stingy bastard. I hate P2P because it makes you upload, and shitty.net.. I mean charter communications give me a pissy ass 15k upload and I don't even have to use it all to cripple my connection

J

Jet Set Willy

Sitting in a room waiting?

Did you completely misunderstand the point of Soulseek or what? The only difference is that it also shows you queued results in searches.

<><>

I actually do not use p2p for my music files. I'm extremely picky about how my music sounds and usually want full albums ripped disc at once and with a well made mp3cue. I also would like it to be encoded with lame -aps or -r3mix settings in VBR. Very tough to find the music I like online anyway. So I still buy albums and rip them to my external HDD.

I use Overnet for all my other sharing though

J

Jet Set Willy

When some rare releases cost over £500 on Ebay, P2P is my ONLY choice.

J

Jet Set Willy

I've abandoned Soulseek now, too many problems. Direct Connect seems even better, if you can find a suitable hub.

Codeine

Its really sucking: It took me about 6 different files to find a song that would download at a proper rate ( the others would jump from 0.1kbs to 1kb, making it impossible for it to completely download)

J

Jet Set Willy

It's hard enough to even connect to the network these days.