More Final Fantasy VII?

M.H.A.Q.S.

There's more Final Fantasy VII in store for the masses in the future, according to the latest issue of Japan's V Jump Magazine. The monthly comic magazine reveals that outside of the Final Fantasy Advent Children DVD and Final Fantasy Before Crisis wireless game, Square Enix has plans for a huge title as part of its "Final Fantasy VII" project. The magazine goes on to state that "that character" will appear in the game, with what appears to be the shadow of Vincent in the background (Vincent was one of the lesser main characters in Final Fantasy VII).

This marks the first time that solid hints have appeared on further Final Fantasy VII titles from a major source. Previously, Square Enix posted advertisements on trains in Japan suggesting that more Final Fantasy VII could be in the works.

FFVII, when they're gonna release this movie? Now a game!!!

Guitar Gamer

Movie should be out in Japan about now and as for us - probably next year some time in the spring months I'd guess.

But a game - wow. That would be something to get excited about. :) Very excited about personally. :) But if they're actually doing so - it better be REALLY good or there just going to shove their own foot up their ass by releasing a title which doesn't live up to expectations (which are going to be very high).

Zach

Given Square-Enix's shittier recent releases, I have serious doubts about a good FF VII sequel

S

Spike

Originally posted by M.H.A.Q.S.@Jul 30 2004, 12:57 AM
FFVII, when they're gonna release this movie? Now a game!!!
what source is that?

wow a game too? :) this makes me happy in my pants, i cant wait :D

Guitar Gamer

Originally posted by Neco@Jul 30 2004, 02:10 AM
Given Square-Enix's shittier recent releases, I have serious doubts about a good FF VII sequel
I can understand such a concern. They had the bar raised so high back then. And it's not that their new releases are "bad" - they're just not good enough to be true Square quality. Damn... take me back to quality like FF6 and Chrono Trigger and then I'll be happy. :)

S

Spike

Originally posted by Techman@Jul 30 2004, 02:04 PM
Final Fantasy VII is just wayyy too overrated -_-
why do you say that? it was personally one of the greatest rpgs i have, and probably will ever play. you can't say that you wouldn't like to see your favorite video game remade? :)

Guitar Gamer

It was awesome - but I think there were better RPGs. In fact - and I know I will be spit at for this - but I found 8 to be better. I know, I know. But whatever - I liked it. 7 was good but so are a lot of other games. I wouln't dub it to be the best RPG. But that's a subjective label anyways so my opinion is pretty much worthless. :p

S

Spike

i seadi greatest, not best. best being superlative i dont think i could deem any one rpg to be the "best"
8 was good, but the whole gun-blade idea was kinda stupid i thought. they just looked weird thats all.

Techman

Originally posted by Spike+Jul 30 2004, 09:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spike @ Jul 30 2004, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Techman@Jul 30 2004, 02:04 PM
Final Fantasy VII is just wayyy too overrated -_-
why do you say that? it was personally one of the greatest rpgs i have, and probably will ever play. you can't say that you wouldn't like to see your favorite video game remade? :) [/b][/quote]
I don't know I just don't really like it and I don't get it why other people like it so much.. <_<

S

Spike

i like it for a couple of reasons
1) the character development
2) the materia system
3) there aren't so many random battles you wan't to scream until your lungs explode

beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess

WellWellWell

Originally posted by Guitar Gamer@Jul 30 2004, 11:56 PM
It was awesome - but I think there were better RPGs. In fact - and I know I will be spit at for this - but I found 8 to be better. I know, I know. But whatever - I liked it. 7 was good but so are a lot of other games. I wouln't dub it to be the best RPG. But that's a subjective label anyways so my opinion is pretty much worthless. :p
I liked 8 better too. They were both good, but, personally, I liked 8 better.

MONKEY_NUTS

Originally posted by Guitar Gamer@Jul 30 2004, 01:21 AM
Movie should be out in Japan about now and as for us - probably next year some time in the spring months I'd guess.
I heard its not coming out till march 2005 in japan, outside japan who knows.... :rolleyes:

Guitar Gamer

Damn them pushin dates back again and again. I swear it was "supposed" to be out Summer 2004 according to the trailers I watched. But now 2005!? We here in North America won't be seein it for quite some time I guess.