Replacing PS2 bios w/modded PS2 bios?

CopsNRobbers

Hello, I'm not new to emulation :), but I am to Present-Gen emulation :(. I wanted to know, if I connected a network cable to my PS2 (slim model) and my PC (WinXP, forgot weather I even have a Service Pack), what could I access? Could I access my BIOS? If so, could I edit them? And if both are true, is there an edited bios file that doesn't check for the PS2 cover? Is there anyway to network it can play games from my computer on my PS2? Thank you in advance, CnR.

P.S.: I don't mind if I have to download extra software to play the games, but I do mind having to buy physical hardware.

P.S.S.: I can't wait to play Misadventures of Tron Bonne (PS1 :p) w/o it crashing. I want to order around the kobuns. :)

EDIT: Also, I have a 1GB thumbdrive. Could that help?

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I'm not 100% sure but I imagine the chip that stores the PS2's bios is read-only.

If you want to play "backup" games that you have "Backed-up" on your computer your best option is to buy a modchip.

Another way is to buy boot discs such as SwapMagic that will boot up into a menu that gives you the option to run homebrew games (elf's) from a thumbdrive or to swap in a "backup" and launch without the PS2 realizing it's not a genuine copy.