Great N64 Emulation Controller...

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
If not sure what to use or on a budget: Logitech Dual Action. Retails for about 19.99, though cheaper on Ebay. Two analogs, four shoulder buttons, a control pad, two middle buttons, and four action buttons. One analog for control stick, the other for C buttons: like Gamecube, control pad: the same as the original controller, middle button for start, two of the action buttons for A & B, Left and Right shoulder buttons, plus Z button can be either the other two free action buttons or the other two free shoulder buttons. Works for me. Using JaboDirectInput 7 to enble two analogs. Also great for SNES & Gameboy emulation... Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

19.99 ?! Ewww!

I bought three controllers in one adapter from Wal Mart.... Xbox controller, PS2, and Game Cube Controller... The best deal... $9.95 dollars! It works awesome and no complication at all.. Just plug in and configuration your buttons and you are all set! EASY as a pie!

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Just a suggestion. Don't remember seeing those at WalMart, but then again, I been to three different Walmarts and all had different products. Live on the desert pal, so not much around, unless driving some miles to get into town. :)

spotanjo3

Maybe it was sold out. I went there and they had 2 or 3 left so I bought it and they had 1 or 2 left and now I think it is out. I bought it less than 6 months ago. I am safe because I want to use gamecube controller so badly and I am happy I did. :)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Have a look over at Play-Asia. They stock adapters for pretty much everything and their prices are pretty good.

spotanjo3

Ah, Walmart always discontinues stuff, never keep what ya want in stock, seems as if people buy it, it's pulled off the shelves just like that...

Yeah, I know how you feel. They are jerks, lol!

I don't order Play ASIA like that unless there is no driver include then you will be okay. I did order one time that came with driver which is a pain in the butt and requires calibrate and things like that. It won't work very well.

Mine is just plug and play and no driver at all. It is so perfect and easily. Try to look around at Play asia or other import stores that provide plug and play and no driver include then you are good to go. :)

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Yeah, I know how you feel. They are jerks, lol!

I don't order Play ASIA like that unless there is no driver include then you will be okay. I did order one time that came with driver which is a pain in the butt and requires calibrate and things like that. It won't work very well.

Mine is just plug and play and no driver at all. It is so perfect and easily. Try to look around at Play asia or other import stores that provide plug and play and no driver include then you are good to go. :)

Nah, I'm fine with what I got, I'm old fasioned pal. ;) Don't want to use an actual N64 control, never did like their style nor glitchy/touchy analogs. Though using a Gamecube controller for the PC would get my attention, but my Logitech works just fine. It comes with drivers, but don't really have to install them, just for older Windows whom can't detect it's plug & play feature. New ones come wireless, but oh well.... It works, so I'll use it. :)

spotanjo3

Nah, I'm fine with what I got, I'm old fasioned pal. ;) Don't want to use an actual N64 control, never did like their style nor glitchy/touchy analogs. Though using a Gamecube controller for the PC would get my attention, but my Logitech works just fine. It comes with drivers, but don't really have to install them, just for older Windows whom can't detect it's plug & play feature. New ones come wireless, but oh well.... It works, so I'll use it. :)

I dont like N64 controller. I am using the GAME CUBE controller. ;)

willyham

Parselmouth
whoa dont bag the dual action please...lol...my step dad bought it for me even tho i didnt wont it and i ended up loving it...sure an xbox adapter is good too...and a n64 adapter wud be nice...but its good enuf...i even found a rly nice configure for n64 emulation...if u need it just ask and il find it again :)

lifeindeadtime

I do NOT recommend the Logitech Dual Action. I used to have one, and if I got too busy to play any games I'd have to recalibrate the analog joysticks time and time again. Eventually, the joysticks became jammed and made the control pad unusable.

The Logitech Precision (PS1 style, no analog joysticks) is much more simple and reliable.

GSZX1337

If not sure what to use or on a budget: Logitech Dual Action. Retails for about 19.99, though cheaper on Ebay. Two analogs, four shoulder buttons, a control pad, two middle buttons, and four action buttons. One analog for control stick, the other for C buttons: like Gamecube, control pad: the same as the original controller, middle button for start, two of the action buttons for A & B, Left and Right shoulder buttons, plus Z button can be either the other two free action buttons or the other two free shoulder buttons. Works for me. Using JaboDirectInput 7 to enble two analogs. Also great for SNES & Gameboy emulation... Hope this helps. :)

Why not just get and adapter and the original N64 controller? :?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Why not just get and adapter and the original N64 controller? :?

I rather use a Gamecube type, since the N64 original, and others like it, have somewhat "analog defects" meaning "touchy" and "moving by it self" issues, but perfected as of in the next design: the Gamecube controller...

Still have my Logitech, therfore it's not a bad "product" overall, as of others seem to disagree... ;)