ms-dos

shadowwoelf

i have windows xp and i want to play some dos games is there any emulator that can help me out here and i do not want to put in windows 98 also on my hd thxs for your help

shadowwoelf

mope all it does is sxtart up and show a nice black screen and then i had to restart my comp cause it wasnt responding and all it says is something about cycles and frames so that dont work at all

RockY

L H D T P M
Ok then... in Windows go to your DOS prompt, enter the dosbox directory and type:

dosbox c:\atlantis\atlantis.exe <---- this is an example of the file you want to run.

shadowwoelf

ok i must be doing something wrong
i went into the command and there was this
c:\docume~1\nobody>
then i typed in
c:\docume~1\nobody>c:\dosbox-0.61\dosbox.exe
and when that didnt work i typed in this
c:\docume~1\nobody>c:\dosbox-0.61\game.exe

what did i do wrong??? :unsure:

Mourgos

Then I guess you have to give the command when you're in that directory and not inside "c:\docume~1\nobody>"

RockY

L H D T P M
Originally posted by Mourgos@Jul 29 2004, 11:38 AM
Then I guess you have to give the command when you're in that directory and not inside "c:\docume~1\nobody>"
Exactly

Let’s say I saved it at: c:\dosbox and I want to play Atlantis game.
So I must type:

c:\dosbox\dosbox c:\atlantis\atlantis.exe

shadowwoelf

argh it says error when i am trying to run dos box and by the way how come whenever i launch dosbox it shows an empty back screen???

shadowwoelf

good news i finally some how got my dosbox running so now i can see the text it says

z:\>

and my game is located in

c:\games\game.exe

how do i load the game with the dosbox???

Cheewie

Try the commands:
INTRO and HELP

It explains quite good information, example for mounting a drive from your filesystem. Just type <mount c c:/> and c:\ on your drive is c:\ on the shell, etc.

EDIT
this is for dos newbies;
<dir> lists the files in the current directory
<c:> changes drive to c:
<cd games> changes directory to \games
<game.exe> executes the file game.exe (executable files are; *.exe *.com and *.bat)