A werid problem, need advise please.

Rune100

Hello. A few days ago I downloaded a Sega emulator called Fusion 3.51 made by Steve snake, I have downloaded all the required BIOs files and hopefully installed them correctly.

My problem is a bit hard to explain, because I don't know many advanced english words, but I'll try.

The problem is, when I start the fusion emulator and insert a game ( .Iso file ) the "Open" button starts flashing. When I press on the flashing button under open a new icon appears in the lower left corner, a blinking "SEGA" picture.

I'm not very experienced with using Emulators, so I was hoping any of you could tell me what the problem possible could be or maybe give me a link to a website that could help me ( I tried searching google, no help really ).

If you need more information how I set it all up, please say and I'll describe it futher.

Thanks for your time :)

Zion

PSP Coder
What games are you trying to run with it? Master system? Genesis? Sega cd?

Once you answer that it will make it a lot easier to help you ;)

Rune100

Hello!

I am trying to play an old Sega Genesis game called Shining Force ( I'm pretty sure it's for the Genesis )

I load the game as an .Iso file with the option "Load SEGAcd Image". The funny thing is, when I load the game and the emulator start, it shows 2 planets and the name "Sega MEGA-CD" that moves around crazy. I hope this helps, please ask if you need more information and I will try and explain it.

Maybe I have set up some files wrong? Thanks for your answer so far, hope anybody can help me :)

Last edited:

skullpeng

Shoenin
that's a screwie emulator then! download a different 1!

skullpeng

Shoenin
if u want a sega genesis emu, a good emu is gens. it works for me, i play sonic and knuckles alot ^_^

Rune100

Hmmm that is werid, I was sure I read on the internet that the Kage Fusion emulator was a pretty decent emulator, but I will try this Emulator you are talking about.

Thanks for the tip, if anybody have any other idea what the problem could be, please help :)

montpics

The problem is, when I start the fusion emulator and insert a game ( .Iso file ) the "Open" button starts flashing. When I press on the flashing button under open a new icon appears in the lower left corner, a blinking "SEGA" picture.
Stop right here. The game you mentioned is Sega Saturn's, Sega CD's or Sega Saturn's?

Since you mentioned *.iso file, I rather assume that you talking about Shining Force CD then. (for Sega CD)

Firstly, I recommended that you try to use Daemon-Tools
to mount those ISO image. Then, open your Kega Fusion and set yout BIOS'es in appropriate place as well as setting the CD drive (where your Daemon-Tools' virtual drive is located.)

After that run with SEGA CD only.

Good luck.

Rune100

I will try that when I get home, thanks for the tip!

The reason why I work with .Iso files is because I convert them. The ones I got from the friend is in a format I do not know, called .bc!

The name of the file I coverted looks like this:

"Shining Force.7z.bc!"

When I think about it, all my games I got from my friend ends with ".7z.bc!". Could this have anything to do with my problem?

Thanks!

satnlafsasurot

I have been using Fusion for many years.

What you need to do is find a place with *.bin file version of shing force. I actually obtained shining force a few days ago and it ran flawlessly in fusion. Use "Load Genesis/32x Rom". then select your bin file. Rom should load upon clicking "Open".

Hope this helps.

I wish i could let you know a good place to find Roms, but i do not wish to lose my memberhsip.

Just another tip...if you want the best version, look for a [!] behind the filename, before the file extension.

Last edited:

montpics

I will try that when I get home, thanks for the tip!

The reason why I work with .Iso files is because I convert them. The ones I got from the friend is in a format I do not know, called .bc!

The name of the file I coverted looks like this:

"Shining Force.7z.bc!"

When I think about it, all my games I got from my friend ends with ".7z.bc!". Could this have anything to do with my problem?

Thanks!
Uh-oh! Seemed like your friend haven't download the file completely yet with download accelerator software.