Please help, Y is mame taking long time refreshing list

furrynick

Captain America
The problem that i'm having is that when i refresh MAME by pressing F5 Mame will take forever refreshing the list. Don't know y is hapening Bc the old mame version will refresh the list almost instantly. If any one know how to fix this problem or know anything about this problem, i'm more than open to hear any suggestions. Thank u

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
When you installed the new version did you do a fresh install or just put the new mame32.exe into your old mame32 folder?.

If thats what you did, you might want to do a completely fresh install. Also bear in mind that the more roms you have in the rom folder, the longer mame will take to check them all.

jpcline004

Gaijin
I feel your pain furry nick. Its the same way on my PC. I am still using MAME32.90 as a result. Luckily the guys at Nebula released their CPS-3 and Model-2 emulators as stand alones, so I have really had no incentive to update.

spotanjo3

I feel your pain furry nick. Its the same way on my PC. I am still using MAME32.90 as a result. Luckily the guys at Nebula released their CPS-3 and Model-2 emulators as stand alones, so I have really had no incentive to update.

LOL... you should update mame32 to 119 and above because model 3 is in it but not playable yet.. many of others that you didnt know will be in it. Mame is the best in the world. Maybe you should update it and use nebula and model 2 emulators separate. I did. :)

sonic springboard
This may have to do with the version of mame32 your using the later the version the longer the rom scan is, this is probibly due to the xml list getting larger as more games get added on every update. Try an older version of mame32 and watch it scan faster.