PDA

View Full Version : Plaque

ScotchGuy
July 26th, 2004, 01:45
Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and the dental industry to scare you into buying useless appliances and pastes. Now I've read the arguments on boths sides and I haven't found any evidence yet to support the need to brush your teeth, ever.

Discuss.

El Fugitivo
July 26th, 2004, 01:49
RESEARCH YOUR REGION'S WATER BEFORE YOU DRINK IT

Some municipal water districts put FLOURIDE in the water. They say that this is to protect your teeth and gums, but THAT IS A LIE. FLOURIDE is a drug developed by the Communists to pacify the general American public so that the invasion will go off without a hitch. DO NOT let them convert you so easily!

Spike
July 26th, 2004, 02:50
i used to not brush my teeth, but all the cavities, root canals, and other horros convinced me it wasnt worth being in pain because im so horribly lazy

Guitar Gamer
July 26th, 2004, 06:49
Well, I personally wouldn't know as my teeth have been confirmed to be nearly invulnerable to cavities by my dentist. So basically I don't have to worry about it all that much. I brush so my breath doesn't reek of whatever foul bacteria is breeding in my mouth and that's about it.

But, none the less, I am all for uniting against fabricated concepts based on fear, spawned by the media, forcing the mass population to conform under a falsely drastic mission of "prevention" or "protection"

Then again there are some cases where it's real... and lethal...

Lefteris_D
July 26th, 2004, 09:50
Cleaning your teeth is important unless you dont mind using fake teeth sooner than you expect ;)

Spike
July 26th, 2004, 21:21
i think fake teeth are cool! besides, i have 3 fake teeth from playing hockey. i just never saw the puck coming...

hitmonlee
July 27th, 2004, 04:20
Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Jul 26 2004, 08:49 AM
RESEARCH YOUR REGION'S WATER BEFORE YOU DRINK IT

Some municipal water districts put FLOURIDE in the water. They say that this is to protect your teeth and gums, but THAT IS A LIE. FLOURIDE is a drug developed by the Communists to pacify the general American public so that the invasion will go off without a hitch. DO NOT let them convert you so easily!
i don't drink tap water. never have, never will B)

clean teeth feel nice who cares about government conspiracies.

Spike
July 27th, 2004, 04:30
I don't drink city water, at my house i have a well. it tastes like dirt but at least its not contaminated by the government.

Guitar Gamer
July 27th, 2004, 04:37
Same here - but I have so much iron in my water it's to disgusting to drink. It also has coal dust in it - literally.

Spike
July 27th, 2004, 07:08
i'd hate to see the rust stains in your shower

ScotchGuy
July 27th, 2004, 07:17
Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Jul 26 2004, 01:50 AM
Cleaning your teeth is important unless you dont mind using fake teeth sooner than you expect ;)
Well, I got rid of my teeth at a young age, because I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people.

hitmonlee
July 27th, 2004, 09:19
well i used to have a rainwater tank, but since that died my parents pay for spring water B)

nesman
July 27th, 2004, 15:07
I have a water filter. The tap water in my town is filled with minerals. Every time I wash my car, the water leaves residue.

Splize
July 27th, 2004, 16:44
Yeah I drink spring water eversince the walkerton incidence.

onewecallgod
July 27th, 2004, 18:47
walkerton?

Spike
July 27th, 2004, 20:24
Walkerton (http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/walkerton/)
i actually like the taste of my well water, its got a sort of zing to it :D

nesman
July 27th, 2004, 21:47
My tap water tastes like metal with sugar.

Guitar Gamer
July 28th, 2004, 07:12
Originally posted by Spike@Jul 27 2004, 06:08 AM
i'd hate to see the rust stains in your shower
Damn straight. They take about an hour to scrub off with 'Zud'. And it also gets all my white clothes slowly. After a couple weeks my whites are tinged in orange. It's a piss off - an all out piss off. Filters barely do anything. Need a lot of money to make a difference in our water.

Spike
July 28th, 2004, 09:57
Need a lot of money to make a difference in our water.

can't be as bad as the time i was working in the yard and took a swig from the hose. i felt like i had dysentary for a week after that. :lol:

nesman
July 28th, 2004, 13:23
Hey Guitar Gamer, is the rust in the water coming from the tap or the well?

Guitar Gamer
July 28th, 2004, 17:20
Spike - ouch. That must have been one bad week. And the lesson is... :lol:

nesman - It's rust from the well. So, unfortunately it's here to stay.

Spike
July 28th, 2004, 23:47
Guitar gamer: yeah, im suprised that my grass is still living, the stuff taseted like gasoline <_<
i should probably get that checked out...

Zach
July 28th, 2004, 23:52
Originally posted by ScotchGuy@Jul 26 2004, 01:45 AM
Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and the dental industry to scare you into buying useless appliances and pastes. Now I&#39;ve read the arguments on boths sides and I haven&#39;t found any evidence yet to support the need to brush your teeth, ever.

Discuss.
Tell that to my fucking &#036;4,000 + dental bills

Spike
July 28th, 2004, 23:58
Originally posted by Neco@Jul 28 2004, 11:52 PM
Tell that to my fucking &#036;4,000 + dental bills
what the hell is wrong with your teeth&#33;? did you chew bricks as a child? :)

Zach
July 29th, 2004, 00:10
No

I didn&#39;t brush properly like I should have.

In my life I have had well over 20 cavities, some reccuring recently, 2 root canals, 1 recently, I still need two crowns, and I may even have to get another root canal done.

This is what not brushing your fucking teeth does, whether you believe in plaque or not.
The only people who can truly get away with it, is those who regularly consume rough meats such as steak.

Guitar Gamer
July 29th, 2004, 00:10
Originally posted by Spike@Jul 28 2004, 10:47 PM
Guitar gamer: yeah, im suprised that my grass is still living, the stuff taseted like gasoline <_<
i should probably get that checked out...
That sounds like a good idea. Are you sure your well doesn&#39;t run through some deep cavern full of oil? ;)

Spike
July 29th, 2004, 00:23
neco: i can sympathize, i&#39;ve had i think like 9 cavities, and 2 root canals, not to mention all my wisdom teeth pulled. not exactly the most pleasant experience.

GG: im actually fairly certain that my well is an outlet for the river of styx, and that all water that comes from it is possesed by the spirits of pure evil, and the devil incarnate. my well posses the power "arcane water tap"

Guitar Gamer
July 29th, 2004, 00:29
Ahh... the ol&#39; arcane water tap. I once had one of those. Kept me up all night with its infernal dripping&#33; Might as well just cast "Holy" on it a couple of times. That might fix it. ;)

Dentistry fees are outrageous obviously. It&#39;s a universal fact. I can understand the over-head for renting the buildings and buying the equipment, etc. But that doesn&#39;t explain why dentists are primarily quite wealthy... hmm. I wonder why. <_< Note the sarcasm. It can be seen that dentists make a killing off of our mouths. But maybe they should spend it on hiring some people who don&#39;t poke and prod by damn gums until they&#39;re sore for the next couple days. *shakes fist*

Spike
July 29th, 2004, 00:38
i remember once i was at the dentist and he was drilling at my teeth for some reason or another, incredibly painful by the way, and he coughed, sliped and drilled my gum away&#33; i was bleeding for the rest of the day. damn dentist, he still made me pay for the exam :skull:

onewecallgod
July 29th, 2004, 01:14
Originally posted by Neco@Jul 28 2004, 06:10 PM
The only people who can truly get away with it, is those who regularly consume rough meats such as steak.
its not that i dont believe you, but can you verify this? now that i think about it, seems hard to believe that steak will keep my teeth clean and/or strong

Zach
July 29th, 2004, 02:05
Chewing rough, stringy meats will clean your teeth pretty well depending on how much you eat and how often.

My brother doesn&#39;t brush, and doesn&#39;t have dental problems that I know of. He usually eats a good deal of meat.

Its just like dog treats. If its abbraisive enough and you chew on it long enough, it will clean your teeth.

Mourgos
July 29th, 2004, 02:35
True,but mainly your teeth health depends jst on genes.I didn&#39;t use to brush my teeth unless my mouth started to smell bad and I still have not a single dental problem...yet
And just to add sth more to this thread ,let me point out that too much brushing can cause problems as well.It&#39;s important to use a soft toothbrush.

Spike
July 29th, 2004, 07:43
Originally posted by Mourgos@Jul 29 2004, 02:35 AM
True,but mainly your teeth health depends jst on genes.I didn&#39;t use to brush my teeth unless my mouth started to smell bad and I still have not a single dental problem...yet
And just to add sth more to this thread ,let me point out that too much brushing can cause problems as well.It&#39;s important to use a soft toothbrush.
brushing is only bad for you if you try and remove your gums with your toothbrush. :) brushing too hard on your gums is the only way brushing can be negative.

onewecallgod
July 29th, 2004, 07:47
and brushing too hard removed the enamel protecting teeth

ShadowWarrior
July 29th, 2004, 08:07
Most Chinese people have a tendency to boil their water, and then put it in a giant white (sometimes gray or black) thermos, and then another water container for cooler water, and then another for the fridge. I&#39;ve been drinking boiled water since I was a baby. Whenever I go to a friends house and they offer me sink water and/or mineral water and they taste funny...

Okay, enough rambling...

You HAVE TO BRUSH your teeth, or you get cavities, and plaque do exist because... Well, yes... Ah what the hell... Hug a rainbow everyone... 8]

onewecallgod
July 29th, 2004, 09:29
haha...wow i remember how we used to do that. theres always the thermos full of hot water, then theres boiled water set aside to cool. and then my grandparents discovered spring water in the 2.5 gallon dispensers.... yeah, we do boil a lot of water....dont we....

Spike
July 29th, 2004, 10:52
Originally posted by onewecallgod@Jul 29 2004, 07:47 AM
and brushing too hard removed the enamel protecting teeth
you&#39;d have to brush the fuck out of your teeth to do that.
the only way i&#39;ve heard of someone removing the enamel on their teeth was when i was drinking that pint of pure lemon juice.

we had to boil our water once when the well backed up and shit was leaking out of the faucets with the water :lol:

Zach
July 29th, 2004, 11:13
Its actually quite easy to damage your enamal with a toothbrush. Many hard-brushers don&#39;t even know that they are brushing too hard.

Spike
July 29th, 2004, 11:50
well, i guess you learn something new each day :D

nesman
July 29th, 2004, 13:40
I never knew you could damage the enamel of your teeth.

onewecallgod
July 29th, 2004, 19:28
you dont even have to brush hard to damage your teeth; brushing too long will do the same

ShadowWarrior
July 30th, 2004, 03:27
I&#39;m not really sure what "brushing too long" means... I brush for about a minute or two max, and as I come out of the bathroom, my mom would say, "Wai&#33; Chaat lo..." Oops, I mean, she would say from Cantonese, "Hey&#33; Brush longer, or you will have bad teeth, and then all the dirty stuff will drill holes in your teeth, and then..." Etc, etc, etc...

I say, some mothers really never get tired of reminding their children to do this and that... At least I know she cares... [sigh]

8]

PS: Spike - that&#39;s disgusting - the thing with the well and the crap coming out of your faucets... 8[

onewecallgod
July 30th, 2004, 03:35
ahh youre cantonese eh? good stuff&#33; so your mom would say something like: "chaat loi di. lei goe gahh wui laan sai...."

typing this shit is hard lol....

Spike
July 30th, 2004, 03:52
shadow waoorior: it was disgusting, it smelled and flooded my basement, and seeped into the yard. i had to buy bottled water for a week while they dug up my septic tank and well, then after they were done i was paprnoid and boiled my water for a while. it was also very expensive :angry:

ShadowWarrior
July 30th, 2004, 09:24
Originally posted by onewecallgod@Jul 30 2004, 02:35 AM
ahh youre cantonese eh? good stuff&#33; so your mom would say something like: "chaat loi di. lei goe gahh wui laan sai...."

typing this shit is hard lol....
Hahahaha... THat&#39;s exactly, what she would say...&#33; [I&#39;m more than just buzzed, but managing] It&#39;s hilarious what you said - it&#39;s exaclty&#33; 8]

nesman
July 30th, 2004, 12:43
Originally posted by Spike@Jul 30 2004, 02:52 AM
it was disgusting, it smelled and flooded my basement, and seeped into the yard. i had to buy bottled water for a week while they dug up my septic tank and well, then after they were done i was paprnoid and boiled my water for a while. it was also very expensive :angry:
Damn that sucks.

demikain
August 12th, 2004, 14:13
I always drink tap water.. We never have anything else in our house. You get what your given, or starve and dehydrate.