PSX to USB controller--analog and vibrate not working

sillypieman

Okay, well I've had a PSX to USB controller adapter thing for a long time now. It's basically just a little PS controller port with a USB wire coming out so you can hook up a PS controller to your computer.

Here's my 2 problems:

1.) When I go into the Game Controllers and test it, the analog sticks are working fine. But then I can't figure out how to get them to work in ePSXe.

2.) The vibrate doesn't even work in the Game Controllers test page. So I dunno what's going on there...so if anyone could help me out there, that would be great.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
the vibrate mode wont work. The chip used in that converter never supported it. The Adapter is the only adapter that used vibration and mem back up but its for n64. As far as analog goes make sure the analog light is on, should work fine.

sillypieman

The vibration used to work though....

The analog light is on. In the config controller menu I can even set the analog axes (plural of axis?) with the analog sticks...but it doesn't work in the game.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think its axises...

The vibration used to work though....
- I would say you use drugs,?? LOL no I'm just messing. possible there is a chip out there i don' know of. First you would need to make the driver support it. The psx2usb adapter you have must have came with a driver if what you say is true. Start there. It may have been replaced with the windows HID driver.. I really cant't say.

The analog light is on. In the config controller menu I can even set the analog axes (plural of axis?) with the analog sticks...but it doesn't work in the game.
- only conceivable reason for this is its not calibrated. did you try that?