Newb Here With a Q

ii311hive

Hello all. I am a newb to the forums. Just got a simple question. I am running the Mednafenx nes emulator on my modded xbox. I was looking through all my nes games and came across zelda. So I thought "well this is a classic, I had beat the game several years ago (Prolly over 20 years) and thought I would try it out again. So, I started a new character and made sure I saved where i was at when I had enough for that session. Well, I tried to go back today, and it is gone, like I never even played the game yesterday. I found some files zelda.reg (A registration file) and zelda.stg. I currently have them in a Saves folder. Are these the files that I need? If so, where do they need to go? Thanks In Advance.

ii311hive

Um saves folder?

Yes, they are in a saves folder. The game is located in D:\nesroms\Zelda.nes
so when i click that it gets the game going. Once in the game, There are no characters saved. If I go back and search my hard drives on my box there is a folder in the e: drive called E:\mednafenx\Saves\zelda and in that folder there are about 7 files now. Most of them named zelda and some wierd file extension.

ii311hive

Yes, they are in a saves folder. The game is located in D:\nesroms\Zelda.nes
so when i click that it gets the game going. Once in the game, There are no characters saved. If I go back and search my hard drives on my box there is a folder in the e: drive called E:\mednafenx\Saves\zelda and in that folder there are about 7 files now. Most of them named zelda and some wierd file extension.

Nevermind, it seems to be working now. I tried starting a new game and saved it. I went back and it was still there. I even tried turning my console off to see if that would erase it, but it still there. Thats too bad I had too lose that 1st saved game though. I will keep yall posted if I have any other probs.