xbox emulator

apaq

Is there such a thing as an emulator that will run code written for the xbox, but not on xbox media? I would like to run an xbox game from a CD-R on a PC.

onewecallgod

xbox disks are just regular 4.*gb dvd roms (* denotes that i forget what this number is)

PCs cant read the xbox's code yet. if they could, then emulation for it would be complete

apaq

I should add that I'm talking about original code, not a copy from a DVD. It's meant to be played on a devkit, but I don't have one.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by apaq@Jul 24 2004, 04:45 PM
I don't suppose there's any way to make the xbox read xbox code that is saved on PC media?
if "PC media" you mean regular 650/700mb cds then i dont see why it wouldnt work. the xbox doesnt have problems reading burned cds

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a modchip installed? Did you give the name default.xbe to the main executable that was in the cd?

If not try taking those steps first.

apaq

I've renamed the application as you suggested and will try in a moment. I don't have a modchip though. Where would I get one?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
If you dont have a modchip dont even bother trying. Code created with the development kit is unsigned and therefore will not run on an xbox unless you have a modchip.

apaq

That's what I thought, but I was hoping. Are there limitations to the modchips I should know about? Or are there any in particular that are considered to be fairly reliable?