Add Free Roms for MAME

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Under the ROMS section on the main page you have a selection of free Roms for various systems. I was wondering if you could include a few of the free roms found here or just post a link to it at least.

Thanks.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
We are not allowed to upload them as you may have read there so I'll just add a link at the MAME section.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Note: The ROMs on these pages have been approved for free distribution on this site only. Just because they are available here for download does not entitle you to put them on your own site, include them with your own distributions of MAME, or bundle them with your software, cabinet, or other item. To do that, you must obtain permission from the original owners.
That is from the website you gave Epsi. I wont tell if you dont.

Zach

They couldn't outright shut us down for that, just firmly demand that we take them down and link to the site only.

It's a distribution rights issue, not a copyright issue

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Besides, if they are legitimately available from a dedicated site, theres no need for EZ to have to supply the extra bandwidth when a link will suffice.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Almost all the files on EZ are legitimately available somewhere else on a dedicated site...