Havign trouble getting emulator to work

Zogar

Well, I managed to get the thing configured and all that. But the sound card on my computer doesn't work. And when I put a game in the cd rom, and then go to the run cd rom selection under file, it comes up with an error that says: cannot load hard sound, try no sound. under the sound config, I turned off the option that allows cd rom sound, but it still doesn't work.

Also, if i let the game run, it says that delta was unable to locate the config for the specific ps disk. And gives me seven options. Which one shoudl i choose, and how do it do anythign with it? cause i can't figure out what to do. Thanks.

Guitar Gamer

Another (less desirable option) is to configure it to Null Driver 0.4 (No Sound) and your problem should be fixed. Although you would have to endure the silence. You may have to download the null driver plugin if you do not already have it.

That may fix the sound issues and errors as it simply eliminates the entire variable.

Zogar

Well, where can I find this Null Driver 0.4 (No Sound)? I didn't see and files by that name on the downloads availble here.

Zogar

Well, that seems to have fixed the problem with the sound, I'm not getting that error anymore. But I am still having one problem. I put the CD in the disk drive, and let it load up. Then I get a message from Delta that says "Delta was unable to locate a config file for this specific psx disk. Don't panic! It more then likely means you haven't made one yet. 7 options on how to proced.
import game config
run epsxe cutor
run the batard
eun epsxe
open the cd imager
forget it, do nothing"

I have tried each, and can't quite figure out what to do with each, or how to make it work. It probably something simple and stupid I'm sure, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. If you guys can help me out here too it would be much appericated. Thanks.

Zogar

Its FF7, and it is the orginal. It is a bit scratched up though. still worked on my ps2 before, but coudl that be the problem?

Zogar

Ok, now, I am not askign where to find one, but if I found and ISO, that should probably work right?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by omegathird@Jul 25 2004, 06:04 AM
download the latest emulator on pcx like download it in ngemu.com
Umm... no :)

Zogar is using Delta, a frontend for playstation emulators.

It allows you to create game profiles in order to have a unique configuration for each game. If this is the first time you run that game you will keep getting the "unable to locate the config" until you create a config file yourself.

Just create the new profile for the game and the errir will be gone.

Zogar

K, well there is one other problem I am having. When I start my computer up, and delta starts, it gives me an error "no GPU plugins found." But I got one, and configured it on the epsxe already. Do I have to get a different one for Delta and install it on that too or what? And thanks for all the help.

Zogar

Well, I finaly got it workign on my own here. Thing is the gaem don't work right. It freezes just before the openign cut sceen ends. Not sure exactly what it is, probably a compantion of the CD beign scrathed, and my computer sucking. I might be able to tweak the setting on the GPU plugin, not sure. But jsut wanted to say thansk to everyone who took the tiem to help me. You were all a big help, thanks.

Guitar Gamer

In the case of the scratched CD being a problem you can always try the ISO route. It can often fix little things like that. But, that all depends on how big and deep this scratch is?

Zogar

Well, the scratches aren't all that bad. It was still able to play on my playstation 2 when that was working, and my playstation 1 when I had that. But the ISO's take so long to download. Or d oyou mean just creating one with the disk I have?

Guitar Gamer

Yep - creating one with the disc you have may be a good idea. That way you don't have to rely on the CD drive to read the disc in a consistent and stable manner.