"soft modd'ed X-box"

m_lovitt

Humble noob
I have reciently recieved a gift, a friend of mine soft modded my x-box. Its awesome I have a nes a snes and a sega emulator and a gameboy emu (plus the ability to "save back up copys to my HD) but I have one problem the staoc HD in an X-box is small 6-8gig sependant on whenyou bought yours. Is it possable to replace the HD with a larher one/how much work is involved?
M.L.

onewecallgod

It's possible and fairly simple as the Xbox is laid out much like a small PC, however after some light research I've found that the softmod doesn't allow you to install larger hard drives like the physical mod chip does. All isn't lost though since there are applications that can "lock" a hard drive into Xbox mode:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=244043

m_lovitt

Humble noob
yeah thats about 10,000 times more complicated and about a million times longer than I'll ever have time for so I resort to something I have plenty of..I'll just pay someone to do it for me......yeah i know its lame but hell I get what I want, and some less fortunate gamer gets a hundy for his troubles.

crimesolvinghat

I'm interested in what this soft mod is called and/or where to get it. Any and all info would be apreciated. The last thing I modded was a PS1 with a solder chip, and I'm not trying to melt the Xbox board.

onewecallgod

I'm interested in what this soft mod is called and/or where to get it. Any and all info would be apreciated. The last thing I modded was a PS1 with a solder chip, and I'm not trying to melt the Xbox board.
Look at the post I made almost two years ago. If you look around that site under the articles section, there are more guides as well. Softmodding is cool, but real men use solder. It's not hard at all on the Xbox 1.

Master_OrHan

I've see webpages of people's hard drive replacements in their Xbox 1's. Google it to find the process but it can be done.