new to emulation and totally lost

cloudrae

Alright im tryna get a game called strider 2 for PSone and its so damn expensive on ebay or not delivering to canada....so im trying to do the emulation method...ive been trying to figure the damn thing out but im totally stuck...i got the SCPH bin number and such...got the rom...and it still wont work! i need help from the ground up! what PSX emulator should i use? and any help would be appreaciated!

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
by rom you mean you have the iso? just go to the main page and check under sony playstation 1 to see the availible emulators.

mhl12

spotanjo3

you can do that but if you are too new to this emulator then I suggest you use pSX 1.12 because it didnt need plugins however you must have bios and that's about it. :)

cloudrae

OMG ARGGGHHH! it didnt work!!!!!!! alright...it was impossible to find the strider iso...so i tried megaman x4 im using psx1.12 so i got the bin...xtracted it to the bios folder...got the game...unzipped it and put it into the cd images folder...i run the emulator...click file then i clicked insert cd image...megaman x4 was there so i clicked open...it does its bwahhhhhhh thingy that the sony ps1 always did...it gets to the part where it says sony playstation....then the screen goes black and NOTHING HAPPENS! i swear im either just stupid or the emus dont like me. i get this error apparently

cuebin: No .cue file found! Will attempt to guess format assuming single track
cuebin: Seems to be MODE2/2352

What am i doing wrong?

cloudrae

...nothing seems to work here...heres som screenies of the strider 2 i got...it works...up untill the loading screen...then it shows this stupid do not enter symbol check out the pics.

My PSX folder
psxfolder.jpg

Bios Folder
BIOS.jpg

CDimages Folder
CDimagesfolder.jpg

Selecting the Strider2 rom
selectedrom.jpg

The Place i went to get the Rom
goingtogettherom.jpg

it loads....
everythingoksofar.jpg

then THIS!!!!!!
DAMNERROR.jpg

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
On the face of it I would say its telling you you are playing the game in the wrong region. Try using an alternate bios.

Solis

hello cloudrae,

You have the right bios and the right game. It looks like another game pSX v1.12 does not play. Try in PSXevenv.019 or ePSXe.

Runewind

I would suggest epsxe.
It may require plugins for everything, but I haven't had any problems with it.

If you go to a site like torrentspy, you can get the emulator along with several bios and plugins, making it compatible with just about everything.

Plus, you could get "Delta" to make the whole process a bit easier. Delta allows you to create configuration files for each game, which means you won't have to switch out plugins every time you mount a different image.

cloudrae

i have no clue what the error says...its just jibberish...

anyways i did try EPSX and it worked! perfectly...well except...rockman doesnt have any BGM...and when i exit games,...the sounds in it are still kinda playing but all in all...i got to play and beat strider2 and didnt have to spend 80 dollars or countless hours hunting one down. thanks alot for everyones help!

Runewind

How are you exiting the emu, and are you using Delta with it?
Closing the window can result in it still running sometimes, which can be fixed using the task manager.

As for the non-playing BGM, you might try a different sound plugin or configuring your current one differently.