Chrono Cross bug on PS3! Cant play! PLEASE HELP (Sorry for Repost)

AquaSerge

Sorry for the repost of this but I REALLY need help and my first one was spammed to death..... If need be please delete the other one and not this one.

Ok, I absolutely love this game and started playing it on my PS3 again. Here is the thing.

I first noticed this problem on the S.S Invincible while outside. The game ran fine until I went to select an element. At this point the music slowed down considerably. And usually once I cast the element, my character would freeze in the casting position, now the music still goes on. At this point the game is frozen, however I can still pause and unpause the game. I have to restart. From that point I just go through the outside stages without using elements. I noticed the common factor on when the game freezes is the environment. Usually, its when it is an active environment (clouds moving, fog around *S.S Invincible*, Color changing *Garai*). I never really had this problem on inside environments where everything was still (Inside the Invincible worked, outside didn't). I really had this problem on Garai, and I started reading up on this. I went and turned off the Smoothing as well as the PS/PS2 option thing and got through Garia with only using 13 elements in that battle (garai included). Now that I have the Einlanzer, I head to the Dead Sea and start the battle with the Highwayman...it does it again............pisses me the hell off.....

Now I'm not to savie with this emulator lingo, half the time I cant understand if they are using a ROM or not....My PS3 is up-to-date on software, and I am running the Origional version (not greatest hits, so I have heard people have been having problems with). Please, can anyone help me. I want to finish this game again!!! It's just too damn awesome to put down. Please help ASAP, I only have this weekend off from work for a long long time, and would like to get some good gameplay time in. Thanks

Aqua

AquaSerge

Just messaged an administrator, hopefully you will be banned...... I know you will more than likely create a new account and do it again or something. But for fucks sake I just want to play my damn game!

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Hmmm. Are you willing to use a PSX emulator to play it? Let me check to see if PS3 does work fully with this game.

AquaSerge

I dont know. I dont even know what an emulator is really. I use to understand console lingo, but sence they came out with the PS3 im lost.... I just use w/e sony sent with the console, and its up to date Ver 1.9 somethin i think.........

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Look at what I found on Sony's offical website.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

Chrono Cross
Publisher: Square EA (Square Enix)
Product No: SLUS-01041
Description: Throughout gameplay, when the user's character encounters a battle, the text/menu boxes intermittently flicker from transparent to black.

Chrono Cross
Publisher: Square EA (Square Enix)
Product No: SLUS-01041
Description: When the Chrono Cross Title screen appears, 3 horizontal bars of corruption intermittently flash on the left half of the screen for approximately 1/2 a second.

So this game is just having problems. I don't know how to fix it. I posted this because its a known issue, so you are not alone here.

mhl12

this is the not the forum to be asking this question.. as i doubt most of us here have a ps3.

notice how this is a sony emulator forum...

the ps3 is known to have issues with various games on backwards compatability. If it doesnt work, just hope that sony releases a fix soon. There's nothing you can do about it.