Major Noob Help

jibonader

Ok, I may sound like a complete idiot, but I have no clue what I'm doing. I've downloaded psxeven (because I heard it was really easy to use) and now I don't know what to do. I have no clue where to get games at, what to do with iso files (I have no clue what they are or what they do) I'm just really confused right now and I really want to get into emulating, so can someone pleeeeease help.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Your best bet will be to use PSX. Its easy straightforward and doesn't need any plugins configured.

This sites AUP prohibits the requesting or sharing of information relating to acquisition of game roms or romsites so you will have to play with Google until you find what you need.

You will need a bios file the most common one being schp1001.bin (google it). Once you have found or ripped some PS1 ISO's (roms), and downloaded the Bios and PSX do the following.

Open the PSX folder and put the bios file into the folder marked bios.
Put your ISO's into the folder marked cdimages.
Double click the PSX.exe and the emulator will start.
Select 'file' from the toolbar at the top and select insert cd image. Browse to the location of you ISO's and double click the one you want to load.

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
I recently tried to find scph1001.bin and apparently it is illegal to download them all of a sudden (I don't know since when) but I really had a hard time finding one, I had to register at this website that I think was called driverguide.com or something like that. --The rest of this message has been deleted by the moderator--

(I think that I am allowed to anyways)

Moderator's Note:

No, you're not allowed to offer illegal material. The scph1001.bin is a PlayStation BIOS and it's copyrighted.

- Butters.

Last edited by a moderator:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
All bios files are protected by copyright the same as any other software so the same rules apply as with roms.