controller help

shadowmage006

i just got a usb adaptor to plug in 2 playstation controllers to my pc for playing emulators. Problem is i'm really not sure at how to convert it so i can use it for my project64 emulator, how do i convert it and change the buttons to mean other buttons to make an n64 controller(like changeing X to A)?

Guitar Gamer

Well, you can't explicitally say X IS A. But through Project 64 (in the pop-up triggered when clicking on 'Options > Configure Controller Plugin') you can define which buttons on your gamepad (regardless of the type - as long as you have the proper system drivers for it) are to work as, for example, A,B, the C Buttons, ot Z. It's pretty simple and should be easy enough to configure to your liking. And you don't need any extra plugins or software except for that which came with your adapters.

So... simply go to 'OPTIONS > CONFIGURE CONTROLLER PLUGIN' in Project 64 and change things up how you want.

Have fun :) Let us know if you have any more trouble.

frosted

due to the ps2 pad being a real nasty pad for n64 games... I decided to stick into google "gamecube to usb adapter"..... and found one... as having a gamecube helps though. the pad has the same buttons in more or less the same locations as the n64 pad and it worked a treat......

shadowmage006

i figured out what was wrong, i wasn't using the original ps2 controller made by sony, anyway the controll work nicely i used the right analog stick for the c buttons select for z and x and square for a and b, works great now.