Chrono Cross Iso with ePSXe dosn't work?

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
I have an ISO of Chrono Cross and for some reason it dosn't work with ePSXe 1.6. Now before you tell me that it probably dosn't work, I will tell you now that it works with psx 1.11 so I know that it works. Any idea why it dosn't run with ePSXe? If your wondering why I want to run it with ePSXe if it works with pSX it is because I like the way ePSXe looks, pSX's picture isn't as clear, it just dosn't look as good, and if there is a way to fix THAT that would also be nice to know. Thank you for your time.

Solis

hello Van Halen Man,

Well it's probably your gpu plugin settings but it might be your cdr plugin. I would try it with peopsoft v1.17 & check if it works first. If it does not work try it with another cdr plugin like mooby's Cdr 2.8.

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
I downloaded 1.5.2 and it still doesn't work.
And...
Quote by Solis:
Well it's probably your gpu plugin settings but it might be your cdr plugin. I would try it with peopsoft v1.17 & check if it works first. If it does not work try it with another cdr plugin like mooby's Cdr 2.8.
What are my gpu plugin settings? and why would the cdr pluggin have anything to do with it if I am not running from the CD? and is it called peopsoft or peoplesoft?

Jale

How would we know? It's your computer. Check the plugin configurations.

I've said countless of times, DON'T BOOT THE ISO VIA FILE MENU!!!. It won't work in most of the cases. Mount the image on a virtual CD/DVD drive such as Daemon-Tools, select the virtual drive letter in the CD-ROM prlugin (yes, now you see why it has anything to do) and run like if it were a real CD-ROM. I guarantee you the game will boot. I've completed disc 1 at least.

Solis

go to epsxe>Config>Video. The screen that pops up is where you select your gpu. See the button that says configure hit that button. The screen that pops up is the Gpu Settings. Oh and some cdr plugins like mooby's cdr 2.8 turn the Run-Cd to an image reader.

BTW it's Peopsoft For petes opensource software i believe. here is a link to his page.

http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm

Last edited:

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Quote by Butters
How would we know? It's your computer. Check the plugin configurations.
I didn't mean what are my settings now, I meant what are they? Like what are gpu settings.