Changing pressure sensitivity of button presses?

Azzy

Hi, I am wondering if it is at all possible to change the pressure sensitivity of button presses when using PlayStation emulators? Let me explain.

I play this one game called Olympic Soccer, and in the real game on my PS1, you can decide how powerful your shots will be by holding the shoot button for a certain amount of time. If you simply tap the shoot button, the ball will travel a few meters, but if you hold the shoot button for a second or more, the ball will travel really far and be more powerful.

The problem when I play the game on an emulator though is that the pressure sensitivity of the keys seems to already be fixed. No matter if I hold the shoot button or tap it, the ball always has the same amount of power on it when it is kicked. This changes the way the game is played a great deal so I am wondering if it is possible to at all set the sensitivity of keys and will it register in the game how long you hold the button down on the keyboard?

If anyone understands what I mean and can help, I would be very grateful - thank you.

Jale

There's no such thing as pressure sensitivity, unless the game uses a controller with triggers like Dreamcast's L and R triggers, which work with magnets; but coming from a PlayStation game, I think not. Just press the button for the desired amount of time and it will work. If that doesn't work, try another emulator.

Azzy

Sorry, you're right - I didn't mean pressure sensitivity. I just mean that the change in duration of holding a button doesn't affect the game when it should.

Like I mentioned, in the actual game on PS1, if you tap the shoot button, the ball travels a few yards, if you hold it down, the ball will travel further. But on emulators, no matter how long you hold the shoot button, the ball always travels the same.

It's just not working like it should, and I don't know if there's any way to change that. Sorry for the confusion but hopefully you understand.