Change Date Format

Ryanfaescotland

Is it possible to change the date format from MM-DD-YYYY to DD-MM-YYYY? Who writes it the first way? Is it the damn yanks?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Most sites use that format(mostly American) so we use it too. It's not THAT hard to get used to it anyway.

Ryanfaescotland

And I'm sure it's not THAT hard to get used to reading upside down doesn't mean I'm going to if I can avoid it :p

EDIT - Hey just double read my first post and it does come across a bit...off. I don't mean I'm looking for you to change it on the whole forum I was wondering if it is controlable in the Control Panel or else where since I can't see it.

Last edited:

Robert

I hate the American format too, and the UserCP has no options at all. Most forums allow you to change your personal date display format, but not this one. My personal preference is DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM (24 hour time). Although YYYY-MM-DD is ok as well.

Jale

In my country we use 12 hours (am-pm) and the DD-MM-YYYY format. Really, it's not that hard.

Zach

I don't see why it matters in the end.. The way it is now is pretty straight forward. It is the month, the day, and the year.. Simple and sequential.

Don't know why Vbulletin lacks the option though

gforce75

Cloud
Every country has their standards and when the admins installed vb, they selected the format they wanted it in.